1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

just started...

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

As is Cleveland and Miami.

3. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

If it wasnt for the "Big Three" breaking up, we wouldnt even have had the chance to sign bosh.

Wonder where we would be then? Would we be in the pau sweepstakes? tried harder for lowery?

Thank you spurs for breaking up the heatles...hopefully.

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Parsons doing Houston a solid by seducing cubes with his good looks. Probably forgot to submit the contract when parsons made eye contact with him...

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Morey is in Vegas or Orlando for summer league probably

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If no Bosh then we'd have went for Lowry HARD.

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL its like musical chairs for Bosh lol. Bosh's camp may have to grow a set and come up with their own time table within the next 3 days or their going to potentially leave a ton of money on the table.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Sheridan standing by his LeBron-to-Cleveland story. Says he'll break it on LeBronJames.com and believes he will break it before he goes to Brazil.

9. dje243

dje243 Member

Exactly. Everything hinges on LBJ to CLE. But ultimately this is what the Rockets wanted to do. They wanted to give themselves just enough flexibility to to sign another max player and then keep Parsons by matching him. They knew they would be paying the tax. They just didn't know how much. Parsons getting the full max probably made them blink but ultimately they have no other good options. If they sign Bosh and let parsons walk then you're essentially losing Asik, Lin, Parsons, AND all the people you would have to jettison to let him walk. So you would basically be left with Beverley (if Bosh took a small paycut), Harden, Bosh, and Howard. The main thing is then you have your MLE, Room, and vet minimums to fill out your starting three position and your bench. There's literally NO WAY they're going to find anyone even close to comparable to Parsons for even the full MLE (James Johnson just signed a MLE sized contract). Even if you do find someone then you're left with just the room and vet minimums to build a bench. Basically if Bosh doesn't sign, then we're officially screwed.

10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yes it is true and has always been the case regardless of Parsons.

You cannot sign a player with cap space AND use the MLE in the same offseason. The MLE is specifically for teams over the cap.

11. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I thought I read it was to be emailed to him.

12. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Morey playing hide and seek

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Bosh needs to just jump ahead and make his decision!! I hate how everyone has to wait on Lebron... Love Lebron, but he needs to make up his mind!

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I wonder where Morey is right now.

15. sabesque

sabesque Member

Hopefully Ghana.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Is it just me but I would think this offseason is a fantastic time money wise to be a free agent in the NBA lol. Some serious coin being tossed around this offseason. WOW

17. justtxyank

Everytime I see "Ghana" I hear it in my head the way the soccer announcers said it during the worldcup whenever they would get close to the US net.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

It must be handed in person. Remember NYK tried to avoid receiving the Lin offer sheet at Vegas Summer League?

19. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. justtxyank

Sorry Mark, I'm currently in the air right now. What's that? When will I land? Keep hitting F5 on lebronjames.com for my itinerary.

1 person likes this.