1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets heart: now vs. pre-superstar era

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by awc713, Feb 9, 2015.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I don't think so at all actually. I mean Howard is "happy" and Harden is usually pretty quiet, but even he has opened up bit emotionally in the last couple of seasons and shown some real enthusiasm at times.

I know what you mean about the previous team(s), big time, however one reaoon it was so noticeable was BECAUSE we were underdogs. Guys like Beverly, Smith, Brewer, Terry get me PUMPED and they're such hard-working, heavy-hitting players, and we ARE winning which makes it seem more "ordinary" to be excited about that than if we were just playing hard and usually winning.

Our record is pretty damn good, and sometimes we forget it because they still lose games that they could've won. That they should win. Games that we expect them to win. Before, we expected them to play hard, and were SO happy that they did, but didn't always expect the win.

Our high expectations take away the wonderful anxiety of the day-to-day, because before we were just hoping to make the playoffs. Now we're hoping for post-season wins and a championship, and its that little bit of spoiling in our expectations that sets the mindset apart.

I think our guys play with plenty of heart.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The most overrated subject "heart" you gotdam right we have heart, I mean how else would they live? :)

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I get what you were saying btw, we have a strong passion to win if thats what you menan, you damn right we do, so does Golden State, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Cleveland, Atlanta. Things aren't always going to go our way, just because the team has looked somewhat shaky doesnt really mean we're not playing with "heart".

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Lol I knew the snipers squad was going to be locked and loaded, ready to fire away.

OP you set yourself up for this one sir. Lol

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Lmfao

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

this guy disagrees

[​IMG]

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Interesting topic.

Am watching the Lakers v. Nuggets game tonight on TNT and commentators (reggie miller) are talking about how bad the "body language" of the Nuggets are and how they play with no "heart". They've lost 12 out of 13 and actually have some talent on that team. So yes, heart does matter.

And yes, those old Rocket teams had heart. That was a great group, with Battier leading they way, and Mutombo providing veteran presence, meanwhile you had guts guys like Hayes, Lowry, Scola, Dragic...

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's a metaphor for effort