1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Head Coaching

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wibie, May 12, 2015.

1. Wibie

Wibie Member

With all of this Fire McHale talk,I thought I'd talk a little about the Rockets Head Coaching Job. There are a lot of flaws on McHale's coaching tactics but sometimes it's not even the way a coach draws up plays or calls timeouts. Sometimes it's just the atmosphere they establish on a team. The Warriors are a great example, don't get me wrong Mark Jackson is a hell of a coach and frankly he is one of the guys I have on my list to replace McHale, but it wasn't his coaching that was making them lose, they needed change it was as simple as that, and now they've had a 67 win season. I think that's what the Rockets need, change, it might bring us to that next level. Clutch City till I die! ;)

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

I had to read three times ...

Well, I am sure McHale is a good person to hang around. He is the player's coach. Culture-wise, the team seems to be just fine in terms of gelling and liking each other. What I want to see is LEADERSHIP. The skipper that knows how to stay course and sail through storms. Harden is not there yet, and I don't think Howard is made for that either. The coaching by Doc Rivers and that of McHale on display so far in the series is day and night. More than anything else, I want a coaching change for that reason.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Jackson doesn't listen to the front office, it didn't seem to matter how many times they told him that a closing lineup with Lee at center was costing them games, he kept doing it.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The GARM needs more fire McHale threads. Fire Morey ones too.