1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have zero chance vs the Lakers, David Stern, and 3 referees on Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by andyacecandy, Apr 16, 2013.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

When has David Stern ever cared about the fans?

2. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Good riddance to him, it's long overdue.

3. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Tonight s refs
    Kenny Mauer, Eric lewis, Gary Zielienski

How has mauer treated us lately?

#63 dreammvp, Apr 17, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

David Stern cares about the fans' money. The Lakers are one of the NBA marquee franchises and I can definitely see Stern wanting the Lakers in the playoffs.

I am not one to go for conspiracy theories but after GS game this year ,the game 7's against Sacramento and Portland during the Kobe-Shaq Lakers' runs, and the Rockets 2009 series does make one wonder just how much help the refs give to the Lakers.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I used my phone to take the pic of my tablet, since there is no screenshot app for my tablet. If I would have known the ad was popping up on multiple pages, I would have logged on with my phone and grabbed a screenshot that way.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he usually calls a lot of fouls, which could be problematic if asik gets 2 early.

7. arjun

arjun Member

na...if we come out blazing and take an early lead its on us to keep it going...refs cant do anything about that.

let them call fouls..if we keep making baskets then we will win.

8. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Early foul trouble for Asik sounds about right.

9. Awesome

Awesome Member

After all of that and you're still wondering? Even with one of the refs fessing up?:eek:

You'll never believe a big corporation doesnt always play by the rules would you?

10. landryfans

landryfans Member

Vegas knows better, what are their betting numbers?

11. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Show me the ref crew before I decide. Crawford = L. Anyway, I'm checking my boookie now to see if there is a prop bet for Lakers free throw attempts. Let it ride baby!

12. BeardlyBeardman

Yeaaaaah. Lakers in the playoffs and the Rockets facing the Thunder with the Harden storyline?

They're gonna need to go ahead and make that happen. For basketball reasons mmmkay?

Greaaat.

13. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

you guys are focusing on the wrong game. The refs will call crazy stuff against Jazz in their game and make them lose.

14. blackjeremylin

if the Hand of Stern wants to maximize profits, media attention and excitement, he will proceed as follows:

1) j*zz will beat Grizz
    - this will ensure the Rox vs Fakers game will matter
    - this will give Clippers home court advantage and better shot at advancing to 2nd round in the larger LA media market
    2) Fakers will beat Rox
    - Fakers in playoffs is win/win/win for Stern
    - Fakers in 7th spot vs Spurs gives them easiest path to the 2nd round

Do not doubt the Hand of Stern, but shame on the Rox for losing to the Suns for making this all possible in the first place

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

using basketball reference.com to look at stats,

Ken Mauer, and Eric Lewis call fouls fairly evenly this season. Gary Zielienski calls more fouls against visiting teams...

Ken Mauer ref'd games have less fouls called, while Eric and Gary are within league avg...

Expecting a lot of contact to not get called...they will allow for the Lakers frontcourt to be physical...the Rockets really need to know that the refs will swallow the whistle tonight...

We will need to make shots and get out on fastbreaks...

Side note: Gary Z... has ties to Utah, so really he wants to help the Rockets tonight...:)

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Capers, Ayotte and Wright are reffing this game...

They have stats are very identical, and hover around the league avg. They pretty much call fouls evenly(very minute adv to the home team)...The league has good refs working this game...Its really most likely going to be determined by the better team...Dont think the refs are gonna impact the game negatively...

17. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

I'm just posting to tell you STFU and go sit down :grin:

18. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

all that ESPN is talking about today is the Lakers Push to the PLayoffs...I got a bad feeling

19. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

So many reasons why the NBA wants Lakers in playoffs. Buss Family moaning the death of the Late Lakers owner, KOBE, Money, Utah Boring/Small Market.

20. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

This isn't gonna be pretty. Hopefully we can score big early so it looks ridiculous when they start cheating. If we get 23 3's hot, no amount of rigging is gonna stop us.