1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets have been researching refs and how they are calling games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't think this is surprising. In most professions there is a tendency for people who have been doing it a long time to stick to what they know rather than adapting as the industry changes. I'm in real estate and it's not uncommon to encounter an old school realtor who basically disregards newer laws and regulations because they had done it for 20+ years without those newer laws and regulations.

clutchdabear, Vivi and Deckard like this.
  2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Not at all. He'll score without whistles too. He had 35 points last night.

clutchdabear and Deckard like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I wasn’t blunt? I didn’t say you weren’t a Rockets fan. Show me where I did. I think you have a personal agenda against Harden, but you’re allowed to do that. I also think he was fouled over and over again where the rules say not only should they have been fouls, they’re supposed to be either flagrant fouls or techs. That’s 4 free throws each time. Within the rules, and the rules are there for a reason. See the injury to Kawhi Leonard, the superstar of the Spurs, a couple of seasons ago during the playoffs.

Open your eyes, dude. I don’t care if you don’t like Harden. This is the playoffs. We worked an entire year to get here, and the Rockets, not just James Harden, are getting fu*ked over by the officials. Thompson should have fouled out long before the closing minutes of the 4th.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He relies on ref whistles more than the tradional superstar. I never said he ONLY relies on these plays. But it's a large part of his game.

5. a time to chill

If you're a good unbiased ref there should be no doubt. You're supposed to be watching the game to see what's going on. There's even the benefit of instant replay. You're saying it's OK for refs to guess. If you're a ref and guessing you're a terrible ref and should be fired.

clutchdabear and biff17 like this.
  6. fchowd0311

Why do I have an agenda against Harden? Do you think it's out of something other than merit?

Do you think I'm racist? Do you think I don't like beards?

7. fchowd0311

Refs make split second decisions. Prior history will always be in their mind when they have to rely on making decisions that are based on split second plays.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Doesn’t mean it’s not there and hardly is not never.

Took Jordan a longtime to win a title. People killed LeBron forever because he was “too passive”.

James has it, he just has to find it consistently to win. It’s the next step of his evolution that needs to take place.

That said, not going to win with Capela and PJ putting up stinkers. All great teams need role players to play well or come up big in key moments.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

James doesn't have it. Jordan and LeBron for their careers have upped their efficiency in the playoffs. I'm not even asking for Harden to do that as that is a rare feat that only the likes of players like Jordan and Hakeem can do. I just want to see the massive drop off that Harden has every playoffs from the regular season.

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Reposting since you ignored me the first time, can you explain what you mean by this? The reports are explicit about what is or isn't a foul, I'm not sure how there are multiple ways to count them, as you are suggesting.

sirbaihu likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk if u are racist but u do sound like a harden hater. All the post I have seen from u just from today is just shtting on Harden. U do know it's a team game right, mr harden hater?

Deckard and sirbaihu like this.
  12. fchowd0311

we don't know how Morey counted.

You can do bad math on the same set of data. Data can be manipulated. Morey has access to a database. We don't know how Morey counted.

13. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

But...but..but Harden is a victim...

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Trolly B! What would be the right way for Harden to take those shots in question?

15. fchowd0311

I'm not going to post positive things about Harden just because this is a Rockets message board and I'm a life long fan of the Rockets.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Eh, seeing how trolls act when they're backed into a corner is still interesting.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

30% on step back 3's or 3's in general in the playoffs? I'm not seeing that stat for step back 3's.

NBA stats has him at 43% on step back 3's for the playoffs. 17-39. If I did my filter wrongs I apologize but I don't see 30% if that is what you're referring to.

[​IMG]

18. fchowd0311

Not take those shots that he's been hitting at a 30% clip for the playoffs.

Find other ways to score besides contested step back threes.

Use off ball screens. Post. Shoot open mod range shots.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I see this thread has just spun out into pee pee games instead of more interesting stats around the refs. And to add insult to injury, a fake fan of one of the dirtiest players in sports history shows up. This is the NBA we now have to enjoy.

clutchdabear, slothy420 and Deckard like this.
  20. fchowd0311

30% on contested 3pt shots(2-4ft from defender)

Where are you getting 43% from?