1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets had a deal in the early 20's but it fell through

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 28, 2007.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

No she meant trade for pick after the bail-out partner's pick and before our own pick. That could be anybody. But my guess is Almond, since Chron said we were interested.

Well it's only the late freaking 1st round, it usually doesnt pan out. So dont get too pissed, folks. Night.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too. The Jazz are a smart ball club. Newley is no where near the player Hill is.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Thanks for the update......sounds like the Rockets had to scramble for plan B.

DD

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Let's hope that plan B is turns out to be better than plan A.

We certainly gave ourselves more outs with plan B. One of these guys has got to develop into a decent player.

5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

thanks Mrs. Clutch

early 20s???
    Jason Smith or Jared Dudley?

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

Plan B seems to be an Adelman's plan A.

7. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

newley..........why the **** do we keep drafting players that are gonna stay overseas?????

8. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

People please calm yourselves! Like one time in twenty does a late pick become a real player. Just go to bed and realize that Morey never intended to bring in a stud from the draft his plan all along was to make trades and get Free Agents. We will see next season how it turns out, but until then step away from the pitchfork and shut up.

9. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

Have you ever heard of this thing called the salary cap. No one we draft there would play now anyway so whats the diffrence.

10. go_ahead

go_ahead Member

Thank you, Clutch and ... Sussie?....

I guess that should be a forward. We have too many guards already. Then the team could be either Bobcats or Knicks.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

There was an interview with Morey the other day where he mentioned that he feels drafting overseas players and letting them develop overseas is a great way to increase your assets. And if the San Antonio Spurs have taught us anything, it's that.

12. sun12

sun12 Member

Wooow, Rox fans are so easy to be fooled.

Basically the GM didn't do the work, but he has an excuse and everybody is buying it.

You know what, I can be a GM for the Rox if it is so easy to get away.

13. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Seems like that plan to move up never gets done.

14. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Does a drafted rookie contract count against salary cap?

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

including sura and hayes rockets will have 16 players on contract, roster max is 15. hayes will most likely be re-signed and sura's salary dump of a contract has good value to keep until the trade deadline if needed.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

also the rockets are spending their mle, so the last pick had to be someone they could stash away, just not enough roster space.

17. Rockets-R-Us

Rockets-R-Us Contributing Member

I do appreciate the update and especially that it's been passed on by the wonderful wife of someone who works so hard on the site and the info...

My wife couldn't care less and it took me and my son 20 minutes to explain the depths of our dispair about Utah taking the one guy we had our hearts and minds set on as our "instant" offense guy off the bench.

With Boozer, Darren Williams, Milsap and now Almond, Utah is set as a true WC power house for the next 5-10 years, while the ROX window is getting shorter by the minute.

Another sad night for ROX fans.

thanks again Ms. Clutch. g'Night all!!!

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

did portland f@#k us over again and steal that pick from phoenix? seriously, they screwed us last year with brandon roy, so it's always possible.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

morris freaking almond makes utah a powerhouse? utah is good anyways but lets get a grip here.

20. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

I also think it was Fernandez that Morey wanted. Portland punked us again. :mad: