1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets giving away over 1,000 tickets February 28th

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2007.

1. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

they're called no-shows. unless the rockets have a buy-back program where they split the resale price with the ticket holder, you'll always have people who buy tickets and don't show up (especially corporate).

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

So what's the latest on this? Anybody going?

Is there a designated meeting spot?

3. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

They should've done it for the game against Dallas IN Dallas. Now THAT would've been a site to see.

4. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I hope most of ya'll on this board go to this game, either get a free ticket or buy one. It would be a crazy sight to see if the pace was just going nuts for a game vs Toronto.

5. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

We need the time and place to meet. I dont want to walk around forever and not get a ticket!

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Sorry... I what do they call that little square where ppl hangout before the games. It's in front of the building. I can't remember if it had a name. I thought it was also called the bud something-or-other. There was a huge crowd there for our playoff game against the Lakers JVG's first year here.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

OK here's the deal on this ....

There will be a Budweiser stage set up outside of the Toyota Center on the LaBranch side. They are going to start giving tickets away at 6:00pm.

However, note there are closer to 500 tickets being given away outside. Budweiser did buy over 1000 for giveaways, but many of those are reserved for other deals they're having. So get there early if you can ...

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Rockets have discounted the seats for this game as well - and while some might not be all that into watching the Raptors, bear in mind that being in the arena for a whooping is about as fun as it gets, so I know I called Brian immediately to nab a pair.

Come out and join the Rowdy crew!

Evan

9. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I have court that night for running a stop sign. :(

Damn you Mayor White!!! :mad:

10. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

Hmm, awesome.

11. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

schoolnight :(

12. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

That's not a coincidence.

13. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

how much is the tickets again at a discount? $25? $35? Was thinking about just buying them because I wont be able to get to the game until like 6-630 at the earliest because im taking half a day at work and have to pickup my cousins. Was thinking about just straight up buying them or we may do the Red and Wine Restaurant for the night to give it a try.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I personally bought $60 tix for $40 (a third off the price, in front of the Rowdies), but you can call and talk with the reps (I've stopped buying tix online after discovering how helpful they are on the phone).

Evan

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Given that this game is this Wednesday, I want to sticky this thread so everyone sees their opportunity to get free tickets. I'm going myself with a friend... hopefully it's an extremely loud night.

There is more information on the Rockets site...
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_planning_to_give_away_-212281-34.html

16. BlakeB

BlakeB Member

Man... I too wish I lived in our on the outskirts of H-Town. I live close enough to where I get almost every game on TV and they are still like the local team... but not close enough to go to games really.

Have fun though you SOBs.

17. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

seriously!

18. envus22

envus22 Contributing Member

i heard some people say that 5-5:30 would be a great time to get there. They are going to start handing tix out at 6pm.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

well, i reserved for Red and White, will be zooming to the arena, after I get out of work just before 5pm, and will be picking up my cousins in Mo City, then speed down there probably by 6-630, if they have tixs still, ill try my best to get them, if not, then oh well, Red/White it is for my cousins and I :)

20. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I'm gonna get real drunk Wednesday and just go freaking nuts!!!

Seriously, everyone needs to go to this game.