1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets gauging league wide interest in Ryan Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James.B.H, Feb 5, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

My only problem with this theory is the same problem that existed with the Melo deals.

I don't see why Cleveland would make a bad deal and take on Ryno's contract in a Lebron trade. I would imagine they would try to force his hand on this. He wouldn't have a lot of leverage because of his opt-in date.

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

They wouldn't likely, which is why we have always tried to involve a 3rd team and are trying now to complete that part of the trade first. Even then the trade may involve a 3rd team so that the Cavs can lower the luxury tax hit.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

The difference here is that if you can get Lebron you gladly trade one or even two first rounders, you just don't do that for Melo. If the Cavs know he's gone, they would be dumb to refuse picks. In fact they did that already with Miami years ago.

bilaal14, Nook and RudyTBag like this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Thank you.

luckyman76 likes this.
  5. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Then why are they trying to trade him if not to help create cap flexibility? Why even call around to see if they can pay a team to take him without some kind of incentive for them at the end of the tunnel? Moving Anderson alone doesn't create LBJ space, but it's a start in the right direction. Like I said, I doubt Cavs take him if they're already trying to dump the bad contracts they have. Cavs would rather let LBJ walk than take on Ryno.

6. HTM

HTM Member

I think the idea of trading Ryno now is to get other assets that will be easier to trade this summer than Ryno? idk that's my theory.

bilaal14 and luckyman76 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m thinking the same thing. That Ryno contract is so toxic, teams don’t want to touch it unless we’re giving them heavy incentives.

8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I am done responding to you and I have been respectful. You keep hoping to be right using a straw man argument and arguing a position never made in the first place. I have said repeatedly the Rockets are trying to trade Anderson to have easier pieces to trade for LBJ. Always a 3rd team involved now and probably later for liquidity. Cavs may want to save on luxury tax.

bilaal14 likes this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

its not unusual for a team to inquire with teams in the league throughout the months of Nov/Dec
    on a player or players, only to revisit those talks more aggressively later.
    Say days before the trade deadline.

Kinda a dip the toes in the water before taking the plunge. Seeking the best deal available.

D-rock likes this.
  10. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Your first response was "Along with RobKsports, please do not post this if you don't understand the CBA". I never said anything disrespectful, even though you started with a slight at me.

I'm not disagreeing with your notion that Morey would like to get a tradable piece for Anderson, I'm saying at this point I'm sure he just wants to get rid of the contract. There are other options to get LBJ with players are currently on roster, i.e. Gordon+Tucker+Ariza+picks. Morey pretty much pulled the CP3 deal out of thin air.

#70 RobKsports, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Y'all wanna see CyberX go ham? Cuz that's how you get CyberX to go ham.

BigMaloe, Deuce, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

2 days left to dump Anderson's contract. It's going to tough to sign Lebron in the off-season with Anderson still on the roster.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Thank you.

This has been explained over and over again and people still don’t get it.

Some guy(s) who can help and are on two year contracts would be perfect.

bilaal14 likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hearing aids man. Dial it up to blast and even the quietest whisper sounds like a whale fart after eating mexican.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

What are the odds Rockets can acquire LeBron in off season vs. this season (before trade deadline)?

Need Bima's thug opinion.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  16. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

social media would absolutely explode if he was traded at the deadline

D-rock likes this.
  17. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

I am not an expert in the CBA, but I do understand the basic rules. Yes, by only getting rid of Ryno, we are still over the cap, but next year the guaranteed contracts in our team are only Harden, Ryno, EG, PJ, Nene and Onuaku, none of which is hard to exchange for nothing except for Ryno's. We need to keep Paul and Capela's bird right, that would take about 40M, but if we re-sign Paul at a lower price, that might be cheaper. If Lebron and Paul decide to take less money to play together, it is doable by giving up everyone but Harden, sign Lebron as a free agent, sign Capella with bird right. The only problem is Anderson's contract is very hard to trade, especially when everyone knows you are desperate to do so. That's why I and some other people here say it would be easier to trade him now than later in the summer.

On the other hand, I don't want to trade Anderson for nothing now just to prepare for the summer, it will downgrade our chance to beat the Warriors, although it may not be much, we're the underdog and need to take everything we have in order to win. That's why I said the trade for Belineli and Ilyasova is ideal, it is good for us both long term and short term.

RobKsports likes this.
  18. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Agreed. If you wait until the summer to trade him, teams will know you are desperate and will take full advantage of it.

19. Artestsuckskobe

Throw in ariza and a pick then try and get a decent pf.... Ariza is expendable with luc green and if the joe Johnson rumors are true not to mention tucker...

20. J.R.

J.R. Member