1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets games: fun to watch?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Aug 27, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If you're a Rockets fan and don't find watching the games fun to watch, I question whether you're truly a Rockets fan.

2. rocketseagles07

The only thing not fun about watching rockets games is our horrible defense. For harden to hold the ball so much he sure does get a lot of assists

3. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

This... And no matter how bad it is it's better than watching a JVG ran team. Talk about hard to watch...

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Mchale made some games more interesting than they needed to be.

5. omgTHEpotential

Rockets play the best basketball in the entire NBA tbh. Well, maybe Spurs are on par with them at times, but generally Rockets are the most exciting team on offense. On defense they are above average. I'd say they're title contenders, it's just a bummer that we got unlucky (Lillard 3).

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I hate fouls and free throws, therefore I am upset/bored during a lot of Rockets games.

But when everyone isn't standing around watching the 100th free-throw of the game, I'm enjoying it.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That is interesting. Personally, I like it when we are drawing fouls. It forces the other team to bench players they otherwise wouldn't and change their defensive scheme. This is a good thing. So I like our players drawing fouls because it can lead to wins, and I like wins.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

We don't really have a point guard thats why Harden has the ball most of the time. If we are blowing out a team and our bench is in for the last 5 mins i would still watch the game.

9. omgTHEpotential

Not to mention we have the best C in this millenium (Howard), #3 player in the league (Harden), one of the top coaches in the league (McHale), best young PF prospects (TJ, DMo), best PG prospect (Johnson).

10. zyt

zyt Member

the rockets games r fun comparing to yao tmac era, i remember rockets vs spurs in 2005 would result something like 70 - 72 and that's quite boring

the problem with the current rockets is predictability, with no mid range games abt 1/3 of the game is taken away. harden and howard both lack offensive variability , they could be effective but not that entertaining, hardens sig move has drawn much criticism among fans and imo its valid

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

LOL, yeah. Those JVG low scoring games were so not fun to watch, even with Yao and T-Mac.

12. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

BINGO.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Nope.

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

then blame the opponent for fouling

ps. i thought we shipped all the lofs to lakersground?

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

People make this mistake a lot nowadays since Jeremy was traded. To clarify: All LOFs are idiots, but not all idiots are LOFs.

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

The only thing I could see as not fun to watch is when Harden dribbles the air out of the ball until there's 5 seconds on the shot clock, then chucks a three or flops. It makes me want to rip the hair out of my f***ing head.

17. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

Not on my end.

I thoroughly enjoy watching my team win.

But I also love watching a high octane super fast paced offense, like the Rockets'. Because of the offense, I even enjoyed watching a handful of our losses last year.

I'm not buying what you're selling.

18. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

If I can enjoy myself watching Astros games, you can bet I absolutely love to watch the Rockets every time I get to see them.

Plus, I don't know what you're seeing, but the Rockets are just genuinely fun to watch play. When Harden's on, it's a pleasure to see him ball and almost nothing is more exciting than when Howard starts to take over games (like against Portland in the playoffs.)

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I honestly couldn't care less about how aesthetically pleasing the games are. If the Rockets are winning games, I'm happy. In fact, I actually enjoy how annoyed the other teams and their fans get when Harden gets his foul calls.

20. CertifiedTroll