1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Games at Jake's Philly Steaks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jake's, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Jake's

Jake's Member

We took over Jake's September 1, and for those that did not like the food before, they should try again. We have expanded the menu, added numerous appetizers, added a hamburger that is getting great reviews and full alcohol will be available in the next 30-40 days. The food is fresher, more consistent, and with more options.

Pertaining to Rocket Games, we all had a few hick-ups yesterday evening because of Comcast and their recent control box modifications. Comcast did not have us on until the 2nd Period. We have some longtime Rocket Fans and we will be showing every Rocket game one way or another and we just added our Direct TV NBA package. We're still reorganizing the interior and when completed, we will have +/- 12 large screen HD TV's and an additional +/- 20' of bar with HD monitors every few feet.

Currently we are open 11-11 and the kitchen closes at 10, but with full bar we will be expanding our open and kitchen hours and in the next few weeks we will be bring back breakfast taco's 5 days a week starting at 7 A.M.!

If somebody finds something they don't like about the "new" Jake's Philly Steaks and Sports Bar...you let management know and we'll fix it immediately. We brought in two notable servers and managers from the defunct Mama's Cafe and they do a great job and they will take care of anything you need including reserving tables and channel selections.

Thank you,

Jake's.

3 people like this.
  2. NateNate

NateNate Member

I stopped in yesterday and unfortunately the game wasn't on at Jake's. Ended up going to Texadelphia where the food, drinks, price and staff were less that average, nice t.v set up though. What are your drink specials and do you plan to offer pitcher/drinka specials during the Rockets games?

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Got a website with pics?

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Didn't like Jakes last time I was there, however that was this summer before Septemeber 1. Maybe I'll check it out again but whats up?? the guy above said you WERENT showing the rockets

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Is the one off Chimney Rock? The Eagles hangout? Went there for a game last year and the food made me a little sick. I guess we'll try going again.

6. Jake's

Jake's Member

Jake's

We had Comcast problems and they were resolved around the middle of the second quarter.

7. Jake's

Jake's Member

Jake's

In my opinion, we have one of the best game viewing spots in Houston. Drink specials all of the time with $ 2 bottel beers, draft specials and import specials. 50+ choices of draft and bottles. If you like, we'll put together drink specials during Rocket games. Thank you, Management.

8. YaosDirtyStache

I want a real ass Philly, none of this shaved beef and provolone crap.

I want shaved beef and some god damn CHEEZ WIZ. I want some good ass caramelized ONIONS. Bell Peppers? Funk off.

So if I showed up tomorrow could I get a Philly with Shaved Beef, sweet and perfectly caramelized ONIONS, and some M'Fin CHEEZ WIZ? If not, im taking my happy ass down to GENOS and bringing it to your place to watch the game.

TLDR: Cheez Wiz.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

thanks for posting here. Maybe we should give it a shot guys?

1 person likes this.
  10. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I live close so I might have to drop by and check it out

11. Jake's

Jake's Member

Jake's Philly Steaks and Rockets Games

Updating webpage; try JAKE'S ON fACEBOOK for some pics, reviews, recent games, etc.

12. Jake's

Jake's Member

Pick a time next week and we'll personally attempt to make you a Philly, shaved premium beef round, grilled onions, grilled bell peppers, fresh bread, dunked in CHEEZ WIZ!, The Management.

13. Jake's

Jake's Member

We have the Eagle's Nest crowd during Philly games. We changed the food to make everything fresher and daily prepared. For example, the previous owners were using frozen chicken....we only use prime fresh chicken, cut and prepared by our kitchen. We also changed to premium round beef that we also cut and prepare daily. We added a burger for those that don't like cheesesteaks every day, added a chicken sandwich, added numerous appetizers, and added a few modified cheesetakes including our new Buffalo Philly with chicken, spicy sauce, provolone, and ranch dressing. We make our own fresh ranch and we probably have the best chile con queso in town. The Management.

14. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

nice! never been before and always heard the advertising on 1560... will check out for sure since i dont have comcast and live in memorial nearby

15. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

i love philly cheese steaks and havent had one since they closed the texadelphia on memorial... don' t like the westheimer location.

will def. try and stop by for the game tomorrow. thanks for the heads up

16. underrated015

underrated015 Member

thanks for the info. try to stop by. sucks not watching the games.

17. Jake's

Jake's Member

Jake's

Try it again, I think you'll see the differences in food, cleanliness, crowd, etc. We had Comcast problems also, we didn't get the game until middle of the second period....hopefully that is corrected. We add new screens, better viewing, colder beer, and 50+ choices for bottel and draft. Full alcohol should be here in the next 45 days, thank you, The Management.

18. NateNate

NateNate Member

Drink specials specifically during Rockets games and i'm there! :) Clutchfans are some loyal folks, and there are a lot of us on this board on that side of town. Treat them right and you got yourself a fanbase.

19. ↑This

↑This Member

Exactly! What type of drink specials can we expect? $1 bottles and drafts? Would we just tell the waitress/waiter that we are from ClutchFans in order to get the specials? Depending on these specials, I may have a pretty decent size group that will come by on Friday for the Hawks game. We go out for about 75% of the road games, and like NateNate said, ClutchFans are some loyal folks.

Thanks

20. Orange

Orange Member

Nice username.