1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets frontrunners for McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikezamir, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

I don't have to worry about that because the deal won't happen. Its gonna be just like the Manny Ramirez/A-Rod deal....NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah, if you want a guard to carry a team with out a decent big man. We're not expecting him to do it by himself. He's going to have a very talented big man in Yao to help.

I
    That's just flat out ridiculous. If you look at the rest of his team, I don't think a single person in their starting line up is fit to be a starter on a solid team outside of McGrady. So they had one talented player who had a back injury and missed what? 15 games?

You're probably right there. It's hard to say because who knows what the Lakers would do with that extra 28 million dollars a year they spend on Shaq. But again, if you're likening this to the Rockets situation, we will have a dominant big man so Tracy won't have to do it with out a dominant big man.

First of all, I've got to say that I try not to be all that picky about spelling errors and such, god knows my grammar and spelling aren't always perfect, but if a big man dominates, he's a dominant big man, not a dominate big man. Which is to say he is a big man who shows dominance. All straight? Ok, that being the case, if you think Yao will dominate just fine then why are you complaining about McGrady becoming a Rocket? Remember when you said that Kobe couldn't win a ring with out that dominant big guy? Well neither will Tracy, but with one he has a pretty damn good shot. I think the arguement can also be made that Shaq wouldn't have a single ring were it not for his dominant guard. It was the pair that made them unstoppable.

Now you're just talking out right crazy. You have a somewhat valid point since championship teams are traditionally built around a great big man, but then you go and ruin it by mentioning guys like Pau Gasol and Big Ben but not mentioning a guy like Dirk Nowitzki or oh, I don't know, the past two MVP's perhaps? DUNCAN AND GARNETT MAYBE? And when did Pau Gasol become a "great" big man anyway? Last I checked, he was a "good" big man at best.

But the main thing I wanted to know was this- Exactly what is your point? Are you saying we're fine as is? That Yao is all we need? Because I'm just not exactly sure what point you're trying to make, I'm only sure you're doing a very poor job of it.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

then i guess we will never know if your sig is right or now

4. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Mcgrady has never played so few games in a season. Last year was his most injury plagued season and he missed less than 20 games, didnt he? Hell, for all we know, Francis' ear disorder might flare up again.

5. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Let me ask again: Which Howard is rumored to be in the deal? If it's Juwon, I take a hard long look and say "Thanks, but no thanks!". If it's Dwight I would do the deal, although I wouldn't understand why the Rockets would pick him ahead of Okafor...

6. Manuel Romney

Manuel Romney Contributing Member

Are you kidding man? Its Juwan Howard, you should know better than that. :rolleyes:

7. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Well, this draft is clearly not like the 02 (Yao) and 03 (LeBron), it's more like 00 (K-Mart) and 01 (Kwame). I don't see much value in the #1 pick this year...

8. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

For what this is worth----

Just heard the beat reporter from the Orlando paper on 610, ESPN radio, I think. They are doing a mock draft and interviewing reporters from each team> This guy claims to know for a fact that the T Mac deal is already worked out and waiting to be announced. He did not claim to know which team, but commented tha he was not that keen on the Rockets' offer. Since Indy claims to be out of contact right now, it looks like a 2 horse race.

9. BigCountry132

BigCountry132 Contributing Member

I heard that too, he also said the LA Clippers are in the running too.

10. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

On the subject, but off the subject.

How does anyone think this trade (if it does happen) will affect Yao. He and Steve are clearly good friends. I know that he knows that this is a business, but didn't even the Moochie trade get to him?

11. sup123

sup123 Member

i dont see why the clips are being mentioned. Tmac does not want to play there. Unless the clips dont care if he walks after next season.

12. mfclark

mfclark Member

TMac has not said he does not want to play in LA for the Clippers.

He hasn't said that he definitely wants to play anywhere, just that a couple of teams appeal to him. By no means is that an end all list.

13. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

TMac wants to win, correct? If you look at the last 10 years of the Clippers history, along with taking into consideration the fact that they've got the worst owner in the NBA, that would indicate to me its one of the last places McGrady wants to play. Of course i could be dead wrong too :)

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think it might be one thing what is publicly known about what he said and another thing what he tells the Magic management. I understand you are from Orlando, but it just sounds a little like you seem to be more worried about the Magic than the Rockets...no offense.

15. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

He's a Magic fan, I'd hope so :)

16. Glish21

Glish21 Member

Does anyone think JJ would be better off as a 6 man?

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Damn, why did I think he was a Rockets fan! :)

18. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

fisher he only plays well because of all the attention shaq and kobe draws, but look at how he played at the finals he's no starter..........:mad:

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Fisher was hurt. He can play. He would have terrific as a Rock when Maloney was here, for example. He complements well, D's tough, knocks down open 3s, gets floor burns. He's good, not great. NBA starter not star quality.

20. micah1j

micah1j Member

Damn, I thought the "mf" stood for something else.