1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets formally ask permission to interview Mavs' Dwane Casey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Apr 21, 2011.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

IMO if you're going let Adelman go, why are you going to wait for playoff coaches that might get the can after the postseason? I don't mind letting Adelman go unlike most on here but to say "Yea we have candidates lined up, but we're going to wait and see if a guy like Stan Van Gundy falls into our laps". The only coaching candidate that's still in the playoffs I would make a run at would be McMillan but he recently got an extension.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. inishi

inishi Member

Why do people even want Brad Stevens, or any college coach. There is a 95% chance that he will be a complete failure as a head coach in the NBA. He's a college coach, rockets play in the NBA. Its not even close to being the same.

I would take casey right now if it means i don't ever have to hear another rumor about mike brown coaching in Houston. Seriously, most of the coaches that have been listed are jokes.

1 person likes this.
  4. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

I like this decision

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yes. Just saying that it be possible to commit violations in the NBA.

Especially when you work for dirty Les Alejandro.

6. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Carlisle gets a lot of heat from Mavs fans. Don't know much about Casey though.

7. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

Racist

:confused:

8. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

It's Like Saying Are The Rockets Only Interested In White coaches? I'm Offended:(

9. Gertso

Gertso Member

I meant to quote someone earlier in the thread so I can see how my post seemed as if it came from nowhere. I do still think Les is completely out of touch though.

10. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

11. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Did anyone else think Casey was white? I swear I knew who he was.. but I was def expecting a white guy. I've never seen this "Dwane Casey" before..

1 person likes this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Does it really matter?:eek:

13. Braga

Braga Rookie

Have you seen any white people with names "Dwayne" or "Dwane"?

I haven't.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Let me get this straight before I find myself laughing to myself at you for not knowing the difference between a guy from that god-forsaken wasteland known as New Jersey and a redneck.

You think Les Alexander (a former stock trader from New Jersey) is a "redneck"?

really? please tell me I mis-read your post.

and on top of that, I would appreciate linkage to your statement about players listening to "one of their own" (whatever that means) Unless I missed something, that was never said or implied in any interview I have seen or read. You just pull that one out of your rear?

I have, Ive known several.

Just becuase you havent dont mean it doesnt happen.
    Stereotypes are bad mmmkay?

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

This is good coming from a third party, because its obvious by your name that your Asian! :grin:

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't really know enough about assistant coaches to be happy or upset with who we get. The dallas guy or the spurs guy come from good programs. At the same time I'm not impressed enough with Brown or Woodson and what they did as head coaches to be thrilled with them.

This is a huge decision for Morey especially with the firing of a well-liked and hall of fame worthy coach. I have no doubt that the process is going to be thorough and whoever they pick will be for excellent reason.

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

I honestly don't care who it is. I do have reason to believe that they will pick the best coach for this team. However, please.... oh please oh please let it not be Mike Brown or Lawrence Frank.

18. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

Not to mention, I thought Feigen's article specifically stated that no college coaches with no NBA experience would be considered; Butler doesn't have NBA experience already, does he?

19. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

EDIT:

Rats, this is what happens when you don't preview your post prior to hitting 'submit'....I meant to say "....won't consider any coaches without any prior NBA experience..."

:(

20. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

:confused:

I've known several; I actually associate the name more with rednecks than I would any other demographic.