1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fire Jeff Bzdelik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 18, 2019.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

**** Bzdelik. **** MDA. **** Morey.

2. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

This is speculation at this point.

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Serious though. Warriors aren't going away. Capela sucks. CP3 is getting older. Tell me why I am wrong? Hope I am..

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not really surprised. The disastrous offseason, questionable moves, 20 million for Anderson, 40 million for CP3.........

This only works if they are actually achieving their goals instead of looking for excuses like the loss to the Thunder....'Yeah, coulda shouda woulda have gotten 2nd seed......'

'The refs and CP3 injury cost us a championship........' excuse for the next 5 years.

'Everyone is against us, they treat Harden like a flopping, flailing Osama bin ........'

Some is unfortunate, some is self inflicted. I dun want us to feel victimized all the time.

It is a sign of weakness. Take some responsibility.

#244 daywalker02, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    smp, BaselineFade, cheke64 and 3 others like this.
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I agree. There is something to be said for taking responsibility and not acting like everything that happens is due to factors outside of one's control. It is such a weak mindset. It is one thing for a board full of rabbit fans to do it, another for the top brass in the Rockets org. It's embarrassing to me.

smp, saleem and bmelo like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I for one would follow a more humble path, we are entitled to nothing actually unless we dominate everyone else.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Even if we dominate everyone else, we are entitled to nothing...:) I really hope the Bucks find a way to win the series. (Assuming they get past Toronto)

daywalker02 likes this.
  8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Now look at it from Jeff's perspective.

He is 66 years old.

He is not going to commit until he sees what Morey has done during the off-season.

If he doesn't think he has the right personnel to implement his defense, he is not going to put himself in a situation where he knows he is going to fail.

He is not some young coach trying to make it. He would rather do something else with his life at this point if it is not the right situation.

topfive, mikol13 and deb4rockets like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what doesn't add up is you glossing over the fact that the league has rigged series in the past, such as the ones i mentioned and you ignored 2 weeks ago ('00 blazers-fakers, '02 kings-fakers, '06 mavs-heat). obviously morey & tilman already knew going into this season it was going to be 5on8 (they spent last summer throwing silver's own officiating data back in his martian face). and instead of making the supporting cast stronger they fuked around all year desperately trying to get under the tax line. webber's prime got wasted too btw

smp likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Taking care of a sick relative, spending time w him/her could be the reason he stepped away, continue to wanting to stay away.

We would understand even if he chose not to disclose.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I agree with this. Rick Adelman wouldn't play Morey's newly and often acquired players so they canned him too.

smp likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Have to look it up but I think he did not want to extend.

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this conversation should just be to thank him for the great work, wish him the best in taking care of his sick family member which was the reason he stepped away in the first place, and come up with ideas of who can replace him.

mikeiah, studogg and Vivi like this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We hired Messina yet?

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Tbh, i'm not even sure why Messina would leave Pop to be assistant of Mike...unless as a part of the deal we would give him the chance to take over in a year as headcoach when Mike's contract will be ended.

Deuce and mikol13 like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Messina would leave because his contract is up and it’s time to learn from someone else. I think he’s the target but until he gets a firm no from the remaining HC vacancies I can’t see him coming. So look for Minnesota and Memphis

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

OK, but if they were so pissed off, and if they wanted to move on, why did they beg Bzdelik to come back and throw extra money at him? The part about not being able to hire a new D coach at that point doesn't fully explain it. They had Roy Rogers running the D at that point, and they'd gotten rid of Melo.

And then the D picks up after he returns, and the D was really good in the playoffs. It doesn't add up. I can see them deciding that they want a commitment, and I can see them being pissed that he bailed so late in the offseason last year. But what's really weird here is Morey signaling to the Chronicle that this was the organization's decision, to improve the team. Like making sure everyone knows you're the one who broke up with your girlfriend, not the other way around. That kind of caustic (and unnecessary) last word isn't Morey's style.

Aruba77 likes this.
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed it’s freaking lame. Sure there were defensive lapses; like the numerous times golden state waltzed right into the middle of the paint unchallenged all the way to the rim. But some of that is on the players and generally I’d say that Morey could have done a better job replacing the length and defense we lost with Ariza and Luc. He didn’t prioritize that so we went small the entire playoffs and your defense is gonna give up points and rebounds to taller players.

But yeah, why scapegoat the one guy that pretty much did his job? I guess one could argue that him bailing on the team was the reason we started poorly and that’s why we are not in the WCF. Or one could say that Morey’s poor offseason led to the poor start. Or one could say that MDA is obviously not half as good of a coach without Jeff BizD.

Either way, we just let go of a damn good defensive coach.

Little Bit and mikeiah like this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't blame Jeff for hedging at all - Morey screwed him last off season with Melo and other **** pickups - he wants a HC job and probably would be better than MDA......

So, he decided to wait, the Rox didn't want to and cut ties....

Oh well.

We still suck.

DD

mikeiah likes this.