1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans leaving early

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SacTown, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Illegal Machine

You weren't the only one. That place EMPTIED OUT.

I was in a suite at half court that night. Didn't leave early. I'll never forget it.

2. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

I stayed and it was loudest I have ever heard the place, even louder than playoff games with a full crowd.

3. downbytheriver

Lol yeaup. After 15 years I just go to sporting events with the kids and the wifey isn't even offended. I stopped offering years back .. sports isn't about entertaining the non fans to me

4. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

lol yup almost same situation for me. Got home around 1 and had to be up at 3:30 to catch a 6am flight for work. Monday was brutal. Especially cause i spent half the day thinking Beverly was going to be out.

There were two guys in my section that left with about 45 seconds left in OT.

5. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

We also need to realize that posting on here about this is almost useless. If you are on Clutchfans, chances are you are not going to leave a Playoff game early. For some, a Rockets game is merely entertainment, they have no investment in the team like we do. Its past their bedtime so they leave...not much we can do about it

6. CertifiedTroll

Those were the paid CSN employees. They were paid to go to the game and stay until at least midnight.

7. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

I was at the game, so that part isn't an issue. I'm not taking issue with people having the right to do as they please. But in spite of that right, you should stay till the end. Rockets 'fans' are notorious for doing this. But if you go to a game in Oakland, Chicago, Boston, OKC, San Antonio, etc. the fans don't bounce because they have work. You plan around games running late. Worst case scenario is you're tired at work, big f-ing deal. Like coach says a lot, unless you're doing manual labor your job probably isn't as hard as you like to think it is.

And despite the fact that a ton of people left early, a lot of people just didn't show up. This game sold out incredibly fast and the price of tickets was massively inflated ($85 for upper deck corner first 5 rows), and a ton of people just didn't show up. It's hard to tell because of all of the free red shirts in the empty chairs, but there were easily 1k empty seats at the game, including two totally empty suites that were purchased. Nothing short of embarrassing.

This city doesn't deserve this team.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The late start was ridiculous. There is no excuse for a game not on the west coast to run past midnight central time. The NBA pulls that crap on us every time we are on tv except the start is usually 9:30.

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

The fans are only doing what the team does, checking out in the fourth quarter before the game is over

10. craxkz

craxkz Member

I got home frm work I slept basically until I had to get up again for work at 2am lol . There are some rocket fans that just plain suck and half of them are band wagon fans , ive been a fan since the early 90s just recently joined the board but I live a for my rockets basketball so I didn't really care for how much sleep I got .

11. pippsux

pippsux Member

Houston Rockets owner should move the team to seatle, were hungryfandom resides.

12. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Even if you are being sarcastic...thats not funny bro

13. aball1991

aball1991 Member

I had to drive back to Dallas for work Monday morning and I stayed the whole time. However, they bought their tickets, they can do as they damn well please.

As a loud fan at games I get annoyed when the following happens:

Fans that tell you to sit down when you are standing and cheering when they are sitting behind you.

Why am I upset? Not because they are being lousy fans, but because I paid for my seat and ill do as I please as long as it isn't being openly hateful or illegal.

Apply that same logic here. You didn't buy their ticket, so shut up and carry on.

Why didn't you just buy the stadium out and only give tickets to the "real fans"?

Spend more time working hard so next time you will have the monies to do just that and stop wasting your time crying about it on a fan website.

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think it's great that you don't address me directly anymore after I destroyed you so many times. Now you sneak around in the mod's shadows looking for cover.

This was a legit thread and created some good discussion.

15. SORF

SORF Member

All of those cities have mass transit or are much smaller than Houston. In OKC you can go from the arena downtown to Edmond in twenty minutes. In Houston, the suburbs are further away. It takes 45 minutes to go home in Spring from the Toyota Center Some people also need to take scheduled medications at certain times...like Insulin. There are many reasons to leave early, but that doesn't make a person less of a fan. Enjoy that you can stay late and watch the Rockets. But as you age, that could change...like it does for many.

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

seems like your jimmies are rustled. Good let the rustle flow through you

i dont address non rockets fans (exception of clippy he is fun to troll) especially heat fans (absolute worse). Wont reply to you anymore hope u eventually get banned off this board

17. SORF

SORF Member

Fans that tell you to sit down when you are standing and cheering when they are sitting behind you.

As a former season ticket holder, this is why we stopped going...the rudeness of some fans and that includes some season ticket holders. Some STHs/fans may have a medical reason where they can not stand up to see over you...they end up watching the game on the TC's big screen as fans block their view of the game.

So, if I have to watch the game on a TV screen, I rather it be in my home where I don't have to deal with selfish and inconsiderate fans/STHs blocking my view.

Spur fans are the most inconsiderate fans in Toyota Center...they stand all fourth quarter. When asked nicely to sit down, they chastise you with a tirade that would make a truck driver blush.:rolleyes:

18. bethereds

bethereds Member

Your description of the Spurs fans makes me envious of their fanbase. With due respect, how can you reasonably expect fans not to be standing frequently during a game? I'm sure TC as well as any other arena has seats that would accommodate your medical condition so that your view is not impeded.

19. aball1991

aball1991 Member

I firmly believe that the ones standing up shouldn't chastise those sitting down. However those sitting down shouldn't chastise those standing up either..
    Sadly I've seen those sitting be very rude to those standing and cheering.
    If someone has a medical condition that prevents them from standing that is unfortunate. However that does not give them the right to tell others when to stand and sit. They don't get that right....

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I always try and be considerate of those behind me so I don't stand to much but I can't help it, sometimes i hop out of my seat. Thats why I like to be surrounded by other super fans haha! I was planning on standing all of overtime during game 1 but everyone around me was so tired I didn't want to prevent them from seeing.