1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans leaving early

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SacTown, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Andrew Wiggins

Can you really blame them? Todays ot game was 3 hours long. Ours was more than 30 minutes longer and an 830 start on sunday, not saturday.

Some of them can only handle so much cheering and screaming. Some of them are probably the fans that give the real fans weird looks when they stand up and cheer. When they leave, real fans see that and can be twice a loud. At the end of the day it is a business, not a contest or a pep rally.

2. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think they get a pass because it was late and people have to work, but I do remember clutchfans piling on Miami fans and the whole Howard Stern thing so I though it was a bit hypocritical to see. All fans do this, however. No city is exempt from this.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Class is way different from work.

4. yummyhawtsauce

i stayed up till 2am EST to let the loss marinate

5. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

watching people file out early was pathetic. houston has the worst fans in sports, along with miami and atlanta. this city doesn't deserve this team.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm sure the fans left to show their disapproval of the refs.

7. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

At least they buy tickets

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

WOW, overkill? As people have stated, this was a Sunday night game with a late start AND went into overtime... People obviously had to go out of their way to buy these playoff tix and they have to the right to do as they please. If you believe otherwise, get your a$$ in Toyota center

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

So basically you posted this to attempt to troll us about something you got butthurt over?

Geezuz. Just how far up Bronbron's butt do you really have your head?

All the way?:rolleyes:

You arent a Rockets fan, do this again this postseason and I will petition Clutch to keep you in the Dish where you Heat fans belong.

1 person likes this.
  10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

new favorite mod

11. getred01

getred01 New Member

It was getting close to midnight when overtime was starting. Saw a lot of parents leaving with kids. I guess it being a Sunday night game and one that started so late had a lot to do with it. Or its just me giving the thousands of fans that left early the benefit of a doubt.

If it was a blow out, understandable. But before OT starts? Nah. No excuse.

12. Indaface

Indaface Member

Anyone that lives in Houston that wasn't in the Toyota Center and is crying about some people that left early (mainly people who had kids from what I noticed) can shove it where the sun don't shine.

The arena was still plenty loud in OT and even though I don't have kids I don't blame them for having to leave home. They probably spent $200-300 on tickets to come support our team while you sat at home and cried about how some fans are leaving...GTFO out of here with that weaksauce.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL wait. We got trolled by someone who isn't even a Rockets fan??

14. CRJames14

CRJames14 Member

The last 5 minutes of regulation, nobody got up and took a long time. The OT rush out was probably 80% people going to the bathroom/20% families with small children who needed to go to bed.

Two min in to OT, the lower bowl was packed again. People just needed to relieve their bladders from all the beer consumption.

15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Oh come on, it was getting really late. I was traveling on business so not in Houston, but how do you expect ALL fans to have your commitment? I don't think a person who leaves at midnight because they have to get up in a few hours for a job to support their family somehow makes them a bad fan.

I agree with most posters being pissed at the 8:30 pm CST tipoff time. I get they want to have all the games on TV, but jeez that's late.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Rockets will bounce back and win 4-1

17. Illegal Machine

I got home at 12:50am. So...I KINDA understand.

I shouted "We got 5 more minutes, people!", and some folks walking up the stairs yelled, "I gotta use the restroom, man!".

I gave them a prompt "That's my bad" when they came back down to their seats. They were cool about it.

There were actually fewer people that left than I first thought. Lots of restroom breaks. It filled back up a min or so into OT.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Some people left at the end of regulation. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't thinking about waking up the next morning myself.

Ugh I hate these late games. Ninjas gotta work.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I watched nearly every minute of every game this season streaming over the internet or in attendance. I left midway through the 4th quarter and watched the rest of it at home in bed. I have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning for a job that needs me alert so call me a "bad" fan if you want but I disagree.

I thought the crowd was awesome for the time I was there and it seemed like it was strong in overtime as well.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

No kidding, right? It's a weeknight with an 8:30 tip (more like 9) for the first game of the first round, the game goes into OT, and people complain about leavers? Seriously? It's not like it's the Finals or something. Jeez.