1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Fan & Clutchfan Member Battling Progressive Eye Disease

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoJoV3, Aug 18, 2012.

1. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Clutch & mods, I appreciate yall for keeping this page up as long as it has. I really appreciate it.

Not to sound negative, but I did receive an email from Clutch about concerns that I answered promptly.. I wish the member that posted what he did would have just reached out to me first.. but that same member donated, and I completely understand where he was coming from. I appreciate you all. Thank you everyone again.

2. A00man

A00man Member

Donated. Hope it helps to get you the surgery you need!

3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Man, this is frustrating. What Clutchfans has done is amazing, yet it is only 8% enough. My advice is to keep tweeting at Jeremy Lin, he seems very generous. May RT or even chip in himself, whats 20k to him?

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I know that he's rich and all but I find it in bad taste to continuously pester celebs with donation requests. 1-3 times is fine... but we all have to remind ourselves here that they are not obligated to donate...

5. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I donated a while back and left an anonymous note. Do you get the chance to read them? I know it may not mean much , but I hope those can add some words of encouragement beyond just the money too.

Anyways, good luck to you bro and keep the faith.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That's because you've been posting as both BasketballMind and MoJoV3, friend/associate of BasketballMind and starter of this thread.

I don't know if you're telling the truth or not and I wish you well, but I find it very frustrating that you used a fake account to make it seem as though someone else was close to the situation and was a witness to it. I'm sure some donated because of that. Even more frustrating to me is that after you apologized for doing that, you continued doing it to bump the thread. I had to block that account from this forum to keep that from happening. :confused:

Again, not here to say you're lying about your condition -- I have no clue -- but after this thread and <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=218163">this one in April</a>, I think it's important that threads asking for money be approved first.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Well that sucks.

I still hope your eye gets better, if that's still the case, even if you're a ****ing liar.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

But imagine your in Vance's shoes. Your close to completely losing your vision, what's very slightly annoying a guy who has an amazing life to permanently losing your vision. Just trying to put things into perspective.

9. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Have you at least called other surgeons to see if they allow you to finance the surgery?

Is financing available?
    Convenient, affordable financing is available to help our patients get the treatment they need before their keratoconus or other similar condition progresses to the point where they can no longer have CXL.

http://www.clearvieweyes.com/collagen-crosslinking/

Mann Eye Center is in Houston and they also offer financing.
    http://www.manneye.com/other-treatments/crosslinking/

I understand your family business went under and I'm sure everybody's credit took a hit so getting financing might be tough. Perhaps somebody with good credit (co-worker, colleague, friend) might be willing to co-sign for a loan so you can at least get the surgery and get on a payment plan.

10. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

Damn...if all this happened, it's a shame in many ways. I don't want to offend anyone or pass judgement, but the pattern here shows some really poor character...

Hope all is well and that things work out. I'm amazed there are so many kind people here putting huge efforts to make a difference.

11. BasketballMind

Clutch,

I emailed you and attached a letter from my Dr. giving details about the severity of my condition. Also explaining that my eyes have progressed to the point where glasses & contacts (incuding hard contacts) are no longer able to improve my vision. Which procedures I need & costs. Again, I apologize for how I created the thread. I wish I would have done it differently. Even with what's going on, there's no excuse. I emailed you twice after I received yours, and since I didn't get a response, I didn't know or realize how frustrated you might have been. You're welcome to post the letter. I'm not sure how to. If there's a way, I can (post the letter) because the last thng I want people to think is that I made this up for money. If I receive enough help and get the surgeries.. and this thread isn't locked, I plan having someone tape everything. After all of this is over, I plan on starting a foundation for people who are suffering with the same condition. A lot of people have it, and don't know it, and there's nothing out there.. organizations etc. that help people with the costs. Thank you

12. BasketballMind