1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Fan & Clutchfan Member Battling Progressive Eye Disease

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MoJoV3, Aug 18, 2012.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Awesome to read the good comments on here. I chipped some in to make it an even 600 :)

Thanks for bumping guys!

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Man 20 thou is a lot, have you guys tried calling the local news stations to see if they can put in his story? Im not sure this can be done but its what comes to mind when thinking of ways to really reach that goal. Also, if a local news would put in your story and lets say maybe do a interview with vance you could post that interview on youtube. I would try making a interview with him and posting it on youtube alone and then sending that video to the most popular youtube users to talk about it in there videos. If that youtube video where to go anywhere near viral you will surly hit your goals.

Sorry if thats not how it works with the news or you can't make a interview video, i'm just trying to think of ways to help.

3. MoJoV3

MoJoV3 Member

Yes, its a lot. Its unfortunate that those two in and out procedures cost so much. I've tried sending the story out to news stations but havnt heard back from any of them. Youtube is a great idea. Thank u for that.

4. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

Youtube is a fantastic idea. Make a good video and we can use the clutchfans community to get the attention of some popular youtube channels to promote the cause.

5. napalm06

I love the idea. It would help people 'connect' to him personally too.

6. wheelmi

wheelmi Contributing Member

Donated and praying for you Vance!

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

good luck vance, I chipped in a bit. I hope it helps.

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Best of luck to you Vance. I did what I could for now, hope you reach your goal!

9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I've repped all of you. It sucks that's all I can do right now for all of you that have helped me. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you! For thoughts, consideration, donations, information, prayers. Everything. I don't know what I'd do without Clutchfans right now. I hope the video I recorded isn't too long. I just wanted to speak from the heart, and it ended up longer than I originally thought it'd be. Sharing this video will be a huge help. Again, thank all of you!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EHuVcHZf4WM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. llRainmanll

llRainmanll Member

Just tweeted your video link, Vance. Gonna try to help out by getting some Youtube "famous" people to help spread the word and help get more donations. And when I get some extra money, i'll be sure to donate. Stay strong, man.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It will not help you but I have started to work forming a charity that will be dedicated to cases like yours. I have brought in a legal firm and am interviewing doctors to find a medical director. Pro-Bono at this point since I am trying to limit the start up costs at this moment. People like you need a better voice than YouTube.

12. napalm06

It's times like this that I wish I gave a crap about Twitter. :p

13. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Shared this everywhere on twitter and facebook, hope it somehow reaches more people.

15. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Probably the best idea possible. A lot of players have love for Clutchfans. While they don't owe us anything, it would be foolish to just ignore the potential of their help. Get at these people....and this may sound silly but someone should give T-Will a shout. No matter what you think of him as a player, he obviously was a user of the site...might be another avenue....

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The better thing would be to not just tweet Rockets players but all NBA players or journalists we know.

17. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

best idea yet. let's get some retweets

18. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Especially tweet at J-Lin, he has tons of followers and I saw him post something similar before on his facebook.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I could somehow post something on my youtube channel (link in my sig). I have 154 subscribers, and although YouTube probably isn't the best place to find donators everything helps. So lemme know if you wan't me to post something on my channel.

20. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member