1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Fail To Give Game To Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CharlieChan, Nov 14, 2002.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The reason you probably don't get them on League Pass is because of DirecTV. They have a rule (could be an NBA rule) that if you live less than something like 150 miles away from your designated team, you will not get the game. This is why Spurs games are blacked out in Austin with the League Pass as well.

2. edc

edc Contributing Member

There is "no correct schedule" because one does not exist. No deal has been made with FSSW.

The organization is not sure where many of the home games will be appearing, but they have assured us they will be broadcast. While it is inconvenient, it is not a terrible hardship to check three different television stations, particularly considering the higher likelihood the game will be on 51 KNWS. :)

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

nevermind...question answered.

4. ClutchCity2003

I have trouble dealing with not seeing the games here in college station. 1150 AM, streaming audio on some websites, and the clutchcity.net chat room help keep me from going insane. At least I will get to see 4 of the next 9 games thanks to COx channel 15, Espn, and TNT.

5. Tim

Tim Member

On getting the games in markets like College Station -- please send your information directly to me at timm@rocketball.com. Some of these things are not directly within the team's control (DirectTV blackout rules, etc.), but if we can do anything, we will.

Just send me the details of where you're located, etc., so I can make sure I have all the facts.

And on the drums ... we've been getting extremely positive feedback overall. We think there are all kinds of ways we can make that program even better over time (you'll see it evolve over the season, so keep the feedback coming), but we're pretty happy with the start it's gotten off to.

Tim

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I only go to a couple of Rockets games a year since I live out of town, but man, those drums on the intro rock. I mean yeah the dudes look like freakin' aliens and that's probably not necessary, but the beat is primal and wicked. Then you got the dancers with the light wand doohickeys and the lights going out. Much much better than the played out techno laser-light intros of Da Bulls era.

DON'T GET RID OF THE DRUMS!!!!

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

i liked the techno light intros, they were excittting. fast past. but i didnt like the clutch bear on his harley too much. though i didnt mind it really.

8. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

Some people have posted in the past about calling DTV and giving them a different address in order to get the games.

Can't remember exactly how they were doing it, but there were several people.

9. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Charlie Chan--

Do you know if Rockets games are shown on NBA league pass from Time Warner? I live in Port Neches, and can get nothing. Thanks for the tip about the St. Louis Radio station.

I would like the league pass, but my wife will probably kick me out.....

Anyway as a true fan I have my priorities in order and will proceed with league pass....

10. feishen

feishen Member

I told my wife the league pass is free, and she was happy to watch it
    with me. just some tip...:p

11. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

The drums sound good, but I wouldn't bother with the "Houston... Rockets..." chanting. It reminds me too much of a football chant. Basketball is too cool :cool: to have football chants.

Sorry, I'm way off topic.

#31 Doctor Robert, Nov 14, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2002
  12. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Play some more rap tunes also to get the players hyped. The game on Saturday was void of any quality music.

13. CharlieChan

CharlieChan Member

First I must say I'm encouraged by all of the support I see - thanks!

Second: I guess I can get use to the drums - we'll give it a try!

Last, I'll try to respond to some of you

HeyPartner: Whatever you can do is greatly appreciated - good luck!

DaDakota/TheFreak: I think TheFreak has identified the reason I don't get the Rockets since I'm less than 150 miles from Houston. DaDakota - thanks for the blackout rules - yes its confusing. I would have thought its Time Warner screwing me; not DIRECTTV.

VooDooPope: I'll check ESPN, but I'm not confident - I even have had ESPN black out the Rockets (not often - but it has happened). I did not think they could do that!

Shot caller: Giving them another address - now I like that idea.

Tbar: The St. Louis station doesn't carry the Rockets, as for Port Neches and Time Warner; I don't get LEAGUE PASS from Time Warner - I get it from DIRECTTV - so I don;t know if Time Warner gives you the Rockets or not. Does anyone know if this could be true. If so - I could switch next year?

Tim: I sent you my name and phone number with a copy of my first note on this thread.

The reason I stopped being a season ticket holder was for many reasons - but the greatest one was getting tired of driving 100 miles and seeing us lose! Here are some of the reasons:

1. Seeing us lose.
    2. Having 2 tickets and not being able to get wife or family to attend; so I wound up giving a ticket away just to have someone to go with.
    3. The hassle of finding someone to go with every game.
    4. The drop in the stock market.
    5. The damn highway construction and the detour I could never get right to get from hiway 10 to 59 south and vice versa.
    6. The 100 mile trip on weekdays was tough the next day at work.
    7. Not having the option to buy a partial season ticket as they now have (now this is one GOOD thing the rockets have done)!
    8. Etc, Etc

Back when I had tickets, I used to get the rockets on both Time Warner (channel 18) plus on ESPN and TNT; and on the fox sport 600 series of channels on DIRECTTV AND on League Pass; and on OXYGEN (?) and LIFETIME (?) channels - but NOT THIS YEAR!!!!! Last year I got maybe 20% of the games. This year its ZERO % In the late 90's I'd get nearly 100% of the games.

Once more to this thread - I love the support I got from all you guys and gals. Thanks.

14. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

15. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

As a musician, I gotta say, keep the live drummers. :)

16. shady1

shady1 Contributing Member

Hey guys, I live in Tomball, and I cannot get Chan 51 AT ALL out here. On top of that, Time Warner is not available in my neighborhood (too new) and DTV as we all know does NOT carry KNWS. And THEN the games on NBALP are blacked out! This sucks! Technically, the Blackout rules should not apply to me since the game is not available to ME OTA, and I want to see some freakin rockets basketball! I am considering one of those HUGE wall mount antennas that you see at home theater stores, but I dont really want to go through all that hassle if I wont get good reception. Does anyone have any experience with these things good or bad?

About the drummers...get those no talent hacks out of there or get them something more interesting to play to show us what they've got. From the two games I've been to I have to say that they are totally whack.

17. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

for Beaumont fan only

I'm f...pised at time warner (or Rockets), i just called them and they said they are not going to show tonight game (vs lakers) becasse they dont have rocket's approval yet, and the first game they will show on 11/26/03...
    i'm pised.......

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I emailed the Rocket Rep, but no response yet. Cox cable in Lufkin told me that games were going to be broadcast on a local access channel (96). The first game was to be tonight; IT IS NOT ON! :mad:

19. CharlieChan

CharlieChan Member

I'm in the same boat - no ROCKETS from LA and I hear Yao is doing really well!! Maybe someday the ROCKETS will come back and say they intend to work this out no matter what it takes!

20. CharlieChan

CharlieChan Member

Hey Jeff - I'm an amatuer musician too! HAve even figured out How to CUt MY OWN CD!! ME on my baby-grand. But that;s off subject!

ANyway - drums I can sort of stand most of the time - its mainly the guy with the red pretzels for hair that drives me mad!

Yo has 19 points I just heard (getting 610 am barely) and I can't see it! DAMN! Rocketsw by 1 with 24 seconds to go