1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Exit Interviews...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 5, 2014.

1. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

i really wish I could hear Terrence Jones's exit. I'd like to hear what he had to say. He was pretty important during the regular season and in the post-season he became a liability when LMA was in. sucks.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

The only player who excludes himself from huddles or stares blankly into space when he should be listening.

This team needs a vocal leader. That guy also has to be better than Harden for Harden to respect him.

I'm getting more desperate for Nowitzki on this team by the minute.

3. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

There really isn't a lot of history of 24 year olds being focused, hardcore leaders.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

5. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Harden keeps talking about this being the first year together...

It's Howard's first year with you guys, the rest of you were together last year too...

James is just going through the motions when talking to the media. It's been like that through the playoffs and his bad games or when his bad defense comes up.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

With James I feel like he doesn't have the right answer to those questions. He knows what the issues are and is too proud/tired of talking about it. Let's hope that he makes an effort in the offseason to do the right thing.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like DMo wanted to play, he should have played given the matchups, the coach didn't play him, the team suffered for it. Sounds like an agenda getting in the way of team success to me.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly wasn't a very positive sounding set of exit interviews.

All need to be on the same page? That points to something major. They all hear it, but they don't all get it obviously. That kind of message means a KEY component is not on the same page. That key component obviously being Harden and his lack of defense.

9. clutz

clutz Member

Everyone's still crushed from the loss. Were these conducted a month from now, the overall tone would be more upbeat.

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Don't know why you're throwing shots. Much of what I have heard is supported here.

As I've said, I just share what I hear from a few that know.

That's it.

1 person likes this.
  11. clutz

clutz Member

[​IMG]

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah, keep the bench warm and cozy.

13. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

That's probably it. When he's criticized he usually comes out strong in the next game so the talk obviously affects him, but he's not good at handling it yet. Something he really needs to work on is leaving the locker room early which he's done twice now I think.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

KEEP GETTIN THEM CHECKS CASSPI!

15. clutz

clutz Member

I guess Asik, Covington, Hamilton, Jones, and Powell aren't on the same page as the rest of the team.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i really doubt they're talking about guys like Dmo and garcia. Those guys didn't even play. If they're pouting, it shouldn't really be an issue that affects on court play. It sounds more like they're talking about guys in the rotation. Chandler trying too hard to be the third guy, Harden trying to force things like he's lebron, Asik wanting to start/more mins, etc..

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which would be the problem....

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Yes this is turning into another bash Harden thread. Wahoo

Grasping at straws. There's no indication Howard's comments are about Harden. Also Howard may want to practice what he perches and suck it up and run more PNR for the good of the team

1 person likes this.
  19. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Dwight is young in human years, but the difference in his NBA age vs. the rest of the team seems to be an issue, based on his interview. Not surprising at all... but he seems keenly aware of the limited window he has to get this done, while some of the rest of them probably (& foolishly) think they've got lots of time to make it happen.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Hidden agenda? I think Parson is probably talking about Harden in game #1 or #2 being taking advantage by Mathews backing him up early and so he got emotional and started to play out of character and that cost us the home court games. Basically Harden have a hidden agenda which is REVENGE against Mathew and play out of character hurting the team and as result the team lost home court advantage and have to play catch up from that point on.