1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Equipment Manager

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by diogenes, Dec 9, 2007.

1. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

I know this has nothing to do with the frustrating loss today but I noticed the rockets have a new equipment manager this season. Does anyone know what happened to the longtime manager Jay Namoc? I only ask cause we used to be friends but lost touch a little while ago. Not the most glamorous job title but that was a sweet gig he had for 10 plus years. He took over when the other longtime equipment manager David Nordstrom was let go.

2. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

I remember our equipment manager. They had a special on him during halftime back when we had Lisa Maloskey.

I also remember he almost screwed the Astros in 2005 Game 4 NLDS vs Atlanta by snagging a fair ball and giving the Braves a run in the process. It's his fault the game went 17 innings.

3. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

jay was fired at the end of last season...les didnt like him. they also fired the asst trainer named melissa legett...jay now works for anthony falsone doing something...hes a good dude and a party animal

4. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

*SPLASH!!!*

5. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Did Les blame our 1st Round exit on them too?

I forgot about Missy. Is she still with the Comets at least? What's she up to?

6. diogenes

diogenes Contributing Member

thanks for the insight. Sucks that he was fired after 10 or so years of employment with the organization. I guess it's good that he landed with the old Rockets trainer. I wondered what kind of career he could have after being an equipment manager. It's crazy how club managers all over Houston would kiss his a$$ because he was the rockets equipment manager and give him first class treatment. Kind of a cool perk I guess when you're affiliated with a proffessional sports team. He did get me into a club once so hopefully he has maintained his connections ;) Since you brought it up I guess I hadn't noticed that Michelle Legett was fired also. Les cleaning house....head coach, equipment manger and assistant trainer!

7. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

tony is cool too...he was jay's asst forever and started off as a rocket ball boy...i hear they pull in around 100 grand per year...not a bad career

8. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

ahh Lisa Maloskey...i remember the good o' times

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

We have a scapegoat!!

(Or as T-Mac calls it, an "Escape goat.")