1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dragic Far Apart, Return Unlikely?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

It's true tho so you can rank it wherever you want.

It's the same reason Thabeet got paid over 5 mil a year and has 0 basketball skills.

2. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

I wish we could keep both but egos won't allow this.

This whole drama in some way is because of Moreys risky plan to overhaul the roster. The Dwightmare may lead to us losing out on Dragic.

Hoping Dragic doesn't get ant offers above that $8mil, surely if he doesn't he will be back...right??

3. Possum

Possum Member

he's worth every penny! He's going to be a star.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

yep. how did that work out?

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

SMH at all of you who say that $10m for dragic is perfectly fine, because his agent says so. :p

seriously though, you don't see the difference. He might get $10m, but should we pay that when we already have a good PG signed for years. I suppose we could make an argument for it, so that we can maximize value for by Dragic and Lowry -- overpay Dragic to put him on the court and trade lowry.

regarding Asik...we don't have a center. Our center situation is not comparable to our PG situation.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The new CBA would seem to stop this, but if Toronto is willing to offer Nash $12 million and they lose out, they might come after Goran at 10 mill...

The NBA is wacky - we are just going to have to wait and see.

DD

7. DaDakota

You pay Goran now, or you pay Kyle in a couple of years - pretty simple, but you are going to have to step up and pay your better players at some point.

DD

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, apparently the process isn't over yet-- otherwise Dragic would have signed somewhere already. I'm withholding judgment until Dragic actually signs for a particular $ figure. I suspect we are only in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this game.

Also, I wonder who Stein's "source" is-- probably Dragic's representation trying to start a bidding war.

9. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

I give up on you.

10. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

We cant trade Lowry until Dragic signs with us man

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Kyle was restricted, which made the Rockets be in the backseat driver position and just wait until someone made an offer to Kyle and they decide to match it or not.

Goran can say adios at any time.

12. DaDakota

The fact is that the Rockets can offer Goran higher % raises, and one more year guaranteed money than anyone else.

Morey probably put out a fair offer, and Goran said thanks but we want to look around, and Morey said, no problem just please give us a chance to match and get you that extra year.

And Goran probably said - of course.

Round 1 of a 10 round bout.

DD

13. cardpire

cardpire Member

desperately overpaying an unproven center who is incapable of offensive production is a smart move just because we don't have one?

and count me in the camp that thinks that dragic is way better than lowry.

14. heypartner

doesn't make sense at all. Kyle is well under contract. What are you talking about, "pay him later"? I see; you are having a running argument about who is better, and to pay the man. Did you really only respond to me to repeat yourself for the 10th time in the thread?

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

8 million is too much. But, I wouldn't be upset if we had him at 8, 10 sounds like overpaying though. I think fair value would be around 7 per. 5 years 37 mil. Just because he is an integral part of your team doesn't mean you should throw the farm at him to get him to stay.(See: Joe Johnson)

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Unless we have a hush agreement and have him fielding offers to make it seem like Lowry is now our man.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Well if Goran walks away from $8 mil. He's just dumb and we don't need dumb players

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Morey will dominate 7 of 10 ten rounds, then promptly lose by decision, Pacquiao style.

19. heypartner

you don't even want to talk. you just want to argue and are looking for a reason to bash Lowry and Morey.

This is so transparent. Do you really like to argue like this?

20. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

I wanted to see what Scott Machado's game was like so I viewed his game videos on youtube. Born in New York, Brazilian parents. His game style, body type, and body movements remind me of Rod Strickland in his early days in the NBA.

Scott averaged 10 assists and 13 points last season. They list him at 6'1 but that is probably generous. But this kid is quick, has great anticipation of where the ball needs to go, and delivers. He also shot 40% last year from the 3 point line. He worked out with his native Brazilian team last summer, and that helped him grow as a player and work harder. His coach said that translated to his game last year.

He looked draftable as a second rounder, but from a tiny school like Iona what do you expect from the NBA. I like his skill level and hope he shows off at the summer league. Depending on who we have backing up Lowry, this kid could be a capable backup or end up at D-League to marinate.

1 person likes this.