1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets draft party...who's going??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Old School

Old School Member

It's being held at Dave and Busters next week. Power Dancers, Clutch...the whole 9 yards.

Who's going?

Here's more from the Rockets site:

Please join us Wednesday, June 26 at Dave & Buster's located on Richmond at Fountainview as we celebrate the Houston Rockets' No. 1 selection in the 2002 NBA Draft. The festivities are slated to begin at 4:00 p.m. CT.

Will Rockets fans be celebrating the selection of center Yao Ming? Or will Rockets GM Carroll Dawson pull off another draft-day stunner like he did last season when the Rockets traded their three first-round selections for Eddie Griffin? Either way, the buzz of the evening should be electric. Make plans now to join us!

A few of the highlights of the Rockets 2002 Draft Party presented by Gallery Furniture include:

Special appearances by Rockets players and broadcasters, the Rockets Power Dancers, Clutch "The Rockets Bear," and Turbo, the Rockets' dunking wizard.

Show your true Rockets colors! Be a Rockets Rowdy - paint your face and wear your Rockets gear to win great Rockets prizes (there will be a face painting station on site)

Rockets player autograph session (Pass required. While supplies last.)

Enter contests to win Rockets prizes

SportsRadio 610 will be on hand for a live remote from 4-8 p.m.
    Plenty of food and drink available for purchase

If you're not able to make it to the Draft Party, be sure to tune in to the new radio home of the Houston Rockets, SportsRadio 610, who will be broadcasting the festivities live at Dave & Buster's from 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

2. gradyr

gradyr Contributing Member

What time is the draft itself?

3. Live

Live Member

Will there be a cover?

4. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Cheapskate! :D

I wonder which players are going to be there. You think Steve or Cuttino will make an appearance? Or will it be Morris and Collier?

5. The Summit

The Summit Contributing Member

I am going, I would rather it be at The Summit or the Aerial Theater like they had it two years ago. It seems like Dave and Busters is a little to small for the crowd.

6. Old School

Old School Member

I thought the same thing.

os

7. DLev

DLev Member

That's very disappointing. I remember going to the Summit one of the years that it was free to everyone (maybe Robert Horry, maybe the year before). That was a lot of fun, and a very good "grass roots" effort to drum up fan support. The whole court was filled carnival games and booths and Bill and Calvin were broadcasting live on Ch 20. Ah, the olden days.

8. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

According to NBA.com... 7pm Eastern on TNT

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Bump.

C'mon guys, I want to see some of you there... sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Can anyone bring a laptop so we can see the chat from in there? That would be awesome. Has anyone heard who the players will be that will be signing autographs?

10. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

no way am i gonna get crammed into D&B's...

i'm staying at home, safe and sound...

I'm gonna brave the chat room floods!!

beside's who's gonna be the one holding up the CC.NET SIGN all night hoping someone walks up to him...

11. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

4-8:30.

I will be there along with Primetime.

12. Bonomaniac

Bonomaniac Member

I'm planning on going....

I'm a little wary of the crowds...

I wonder if it'll be very costly

13. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I will be there. I am taking off a 1/2 day so I can be there early. I cant wait until Wednesday. I hope they give away some cool stuff.

The CAT,

Will they have internet hook ups there if I bring a laptop or will we try to use a dial-up line?

14. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

You people need to write "Clutch BBS" on a piece of paper and tape it to your shirts. Or some way to indentify yourselves as members. Say whats up to eachother!

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I have no idea, but I'm guessing a restaurant wouldn't have internet hookups, so it would have to be a dial-up. It's been a couple of years since I've been to D&B's, but I doubt if they have internet hookups.

On a side note, I wonder if they will give us all free games that night. ;)

16. Bonomaniac

Bonomaniac Member

we should all wear name tags with our user name

har har

17. beballin

beballin Member

Im going.... Im going to get on the raido or tv and metion this site... Go to the front PRIZE STATION at The FRONT STATION and ask where is the ClutchCity.Net Billard table is and she'll point you to that direction... cause that's where you get the balls anyways... Well I been looking at this site well over a year.. but i was tired of being a lurker... I should of been a senior member by now.. OOhh time... 6pm..

18. beballin

beballin Member

I mean the front entrance.... i'll be playing pool around 6pm if I can get a table if not meet me at that prize station at 6pm, black guy 5'8... steve francis babby momma half brother in-law..

19. BDJ

BDJ Member

Hate to be negative, but D&B sucks. It's not a sports bar. It's for 20 and 30 somethings who wish they could still hang-out at Chuck E Cheese. Also, everything is overpriced and the service is just terrible. I'll be at SRO, thank you.

20. Holden

Holden Member

if its free...ill go...
    i have about 2300 dave and busters tickets i never turned in to get a prize in the game area. i seriously think i could get a tv or something.

:(