1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets down 9 with 1 minute left or Tmac 13 in 35

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Dec 18, 2016.

?

Minny win down 9 in 1 minute or Tmac 13 in 35

1. Rockets win in Minny

7.0%
  2. Tmac

93.0%
  1. OTMax

OTMax Member

WHAT??? Come on, this is far from a great comeback. It was nice, but just 3 threes and 3 steals against a mediocre opponent. Maybe if it involved a buzzer beater or against a team like the Warriors you could say it's one of the best of this decade, but we've had better.

2. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

In the context of 6 games in 9 nights and playing the last leg on a b2b flying from home to Minny and then playing a resting young hungry team and the weather was terrible and was down 17 overall.

But for historical, Tmac is definitely better which is what I voted for. Just fun discussion.

3. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I turned both games off.

I suck.

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm glad we here know history because TMac's 13 in 35 is something we might never see again. I may remember fondly the Rocks comeback against Minny, but I won't forget TMac was against the Spurs.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

His usual schtick is "regular season doesn't matter whatsoever", but that doesn't really apply in this case.

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

12 years later we still talk about tmac 13 in 35. Last night was an amazing win but pales in comparison to tmacs historic performance.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

I was actually out with friends last night and missed the game. I recorded it on DVR and was planning on not hearing the result and watching it when I got home. Well, of course, someone on Facebook posted a status with the results of us winning. So I thought- "oh well, guess I won't watch it after all." I'm usually not able to watch a sports game if I know the results- it just removes all of the drama.

When I got home, my TV was still on Root Sports and they were showing the replay. I think we were down by around 15 points with something like 3 and a half minutes left. Even though I knew that we were going to win, I had to watch the rest of the game. I never would have thought we would be able to come back from that with that little time left! What a comeback!

...still doesn't even compare to 13 in 35.

9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

What the hell is a t-mac? You mean u rather have the comback last night or have a Big Mac? Obviously last night come back.

10. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

That Tmac pump fake / take the bump from Duncan / convert the 4 pt play was just insane.

gotrock? and swyyyguy like this.
  11. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Why did you post this? Can you give a single valid argument in favor of the minny game?

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mario Elie Kiss of Death > everything mentioned here

Ramo$e likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

You forgot what was on the line, the Rockets had a winning streak to continue. That was not the case in the Tmac game

Rodman23 likes this.
  14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Link to video?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I think Tmac fans just want to remind people that he was good player instead of a second rate basketball commentator on the second or third tier basketball show "The Jump"

But it's ok, everyone knows that James Harden has completely passed him up as a Rocket player and NBA player

Ramo$e likes this.
  16. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Geez OP needs to be banned too. Do you guys make a thread for every tiny idea that pops in your head?

tinman likes this.
  17. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

And did it all by himself. It was unbveliveble. the 4 point play 3 he made was shot from the back of his head. The shots he was hitting inarow were just out of this world. Tmac had more raw ability then anyone of his generation but had a combination bad back and knee which slowed him down.

threepointshot3 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

T bag (back)
    Prison Break Hall of Fame

13 in 33 was great though

Rodman23 likes this.
  19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I actually thought this game was better in the sense that the Rockets came back together as a team, literally every single player on the court made some key plays that were all vital in the comeback. Whereas the T-Mac and Yao era was literally just T-Mac and Yao, the current Rockets team is a high powered Harden with a lot of niche/specialized role players that are performing their role to an exceptional level.

I think this is what makes this team so much more exciting than the previous teams the Rockets have had. Everyone is contributing in valuable ways and Mike D’Antoni is finding a way to make them work.

Note: My comments exclude Corey Brewer.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I can't stand Tmac these days, but 13 in 35 is just flat out unreal. And against a very good San Antonio team. We just underperformed during the T-pups game and had to pull it out late.

That being said, #NEVERFORGET

daywalker02 likes this.