1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets doomed to be AVERAGE.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 29, 2009.

1. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Doesn't matter. He's garbage remember? If what he's making mattered that much then he should've been playing so that the organization could get some production from their investment. It doesn't appear to be an issue with them so why is it an issue with you? :confused:

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I know plenty about baseball.....Difference between the A's and Redsox's so-called moneyball? About 100 million payroll...lol. Redsox maybe "conservative" with money...but the can blow 50 million dollars "just to talk" to Dice K when the sign him.

3. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

You're an idiot to say Rockets doomed to be an average?? Do you even watch last year Playoffs?? Get some freaking clues.....Do we really need TmacLazy with no desire, no heart, no defense, no fire?? No we don't!!!

This team is way way better forming around Yao as demonstrated last year in the Playoffs. They're more cohesive, more competitive, more consistent building the offense around Yao.

So before you make dumb thread like this...think about it!

4. foo82

foo82 Member

Why the **** are you comparing payrolls to Rockets? Rockets are not spending well below the cap. Our max contract players just happened to be injured. Now if you want to complain about spending, well blame would go to owner not gm. GM only works with what the owner gives.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I wish we had a franchise player that wasn't always injured. :(

6. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

TO be fair ,we are just not fortunate, injuries can not be avoided, every team has to face it, too bad our best players got hurt when they are in their prime..... If Yao and Tmac stayed healthy in these 4 years together, I think at least last year, this team would have won the Championship already, that's how good this team is.

7. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

I'm not sure who I would direct this issue to Adelman, Morey and/or Both.

You emphasize growing your young talent in the system, which I can respect. But you follow that logic with the full intent of bringing in a center that is at his best in a half court set with his back to the basket. If the system is most important then Yao will be a problem (which he won't of course because he's that good). But in acknowledging that you will adapt your system for his talents then your current argument concerning the importance of the system appears contradictory.

Will we back to last year's team, with a questionably improved team of role players with only Yao being viewed as a star? I can see why they are shooting all of these threes because I would bet that this is what they will be doing once Yao gets back, kinda like we did with Hakeem. But Hakeem could run the floor better. We're living and dying by the three and the intermittent cameos by our defense.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

Why would you want to do that? It would take a real moron of a GM to consistently have better luck with late picks than with lottery picks. Has Morey even HAD a lottery pick apart from the one used to acquire Battier? I'm not trying to play dense -- I honestly don't know what you're getting at. It would be much more telling to compare Morey's late picks to Dawson's late picks, and we all know Dawson had some degree of success there.

9. marcolus3

marcolus3 Member

Hey guys I don't post a lot but read plenty of threads and while the topic of having $40 mil on the bench and your top two stars not playing, nobody has really given DM and the rockets players the respect of relating it to other teams, we all seem to just relate it to how well they're doing at the moment or in respect to other teams in the W-L column or playoff race this year, so let's look at things this way....

In the West take the top 2 players off their team and really think about what their record would be and relate that to the Rockets astounding success this year in comparison, and then say Morey is stupid or the Rockets are marginal...

Lakers - take out Kobe and Gasol
    Mavs - take out Dirk and Kidd
    Nuggets - Carmelo and Billups
    Suns - Nash and Amare
    Spurs - Duncan and Parker
    Blazers - Roy and Aldridge
    Jazz - Williams and Boozer
    Thunder - Durant and Westbrook

Are any of you gonna legitimately say that
    Lakers with Fisher/Vujacic/Artest/Odom/Bynum
    Mavs with Berea/Howard/Marion/Humphries/Erica
    Nuggets with Lawson/Afflalo/Smith/Martin/Nene
    Suns with Dragic/Richardson/Hill/Amundson/Frye
    Spurs with Hill/Bogans/Jefferson/McDyess/Blair
    Blazers with Miller/Blake/Webster/Aldridge/Howard
    Jazz with Price/Brewer/Miles/Millsap/Okur
    Thunder with Maynor/Sefolosha/Green/Collison/Kristic

Is anybody really going to say that those core players on any above .500 team in the West is going to beat the Rockets for the #1 seed??????

The Rockets would be right in the hunt for the top spot in the West and let's not even get started in the East...

This is a damn good team you fools of doubt! Support your team, put it in perspective and they are playing about the best basketball in the entire league if you take the top 2 stars & $40 mil out of their lineup. Hell compare the Knicks with an $80 plus roster with no real injuries and they are God awful.

IF YOU'RE NOT A TRUE FAN, THEN GET THE F*** OUT! This is OUR TEAM and TRUE HOUSTON FANS love em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 people like this.
  10. meh

meh Contributing Member

While I don't necessarily agree with the OP, the rebuttals to me seem generally childish and make no sense. The point isn't that we have $40 mil sitting on the bench, but rather HOW we can change that to $40 mil worth of superstars.

This isn't baseball. Just because T-Mac's $23 mil comes off the books this year doesn't mean Morey can immediately spend this money on a superstar FA. Just because Yao's sitting on the bench now doesn't mean he can put up 22/10/2 in 35 mpg when he comes back. So in essence, our "$40 mil on the bench" literally becomes "star level often-injured Yao".

And did everyone even forget how we acquired Yao? We had the NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK. A pick that if Morey continues to find diamonds in the rough, will never occur in the near future.

11. marcolus3

marcolus3 Member

Read what I wrote, it'll start making sense. Compare our team NOW to others. Forget about when so and so comes back. And BTW in essence NO ONE PLAYER IS PAYED $40 Mil you moron, so pull your sack out from behind your ass checks and start thinking like a man and not a B****.

All you guys who give Rockets and Morey no respect, get the F out.

12. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

So, you would rather us never make the playoffs, because we lose in the first round? Every non-playoff team would KILL for a spot in the top 8 of their conference.

13. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I believe Mr Scarface is doomed to be average. Or is it AVERAGE. Where's Threepio when you need him?

14. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Don't like Moneyball? Want the team to spend more? Why don't you step up and make Alexander an offer for the team, then you can pour as many of your millions into the team as you want.

15. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

**** Morey? Really? **** the guy who is on course to win executive of the year. **** the guy who got us enough steals player wise to keep us above average even with $40 mil on the bench.

For those who would want to tank the season, for whatever your reason is, you have no heart and I understand why people like you relate to and support TMac....

Any real fan, of any team, of any sport should always be proud and back their team as long as they are busting their backsides and leaving it all out on the court, field, ice, etc....

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Watching the Rockets lose is seriously not fun. I want wins. A championship is awesome, but I'm not ready to choose the lottery and watching all those losses just for a long-shot draft pick.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . only fan?

Rocket River

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

:grin: Everyone wants a bit of my boy John John!

1 person likes this.
  19. weskurtz81

weskurtz81 Member

What CURRENT superstar has Rick Adelman chased away?

I am not talking about anyone that was great at some point in time, not FORMER super stars, but a current super star.

Give me a list of all the current super stars that he has chased away in his coaching career.

20. Possum

Possum Member

I am so glad TMack is finally gone so people with no BB IQ like you will start to dissapear. Go away little insignificant nat go away. :p