1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rockets doomed to be AVERAGE.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr.Scarface, Dec 29, 2009.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Tmac is trash and everyone will see this when he goes to his next team. He'll probably put up 18 points per game, shoot 40%, and not play any D.

He's overpaid garbage that expects to be catered to like he's MJ, except NBA players don't respect him because he has no heart. Other NBA players may hate Kobe Bryant, but they all respect him. This can not be said about Tmac.

You said the Rockets are doomed to be average, but the way I see it the Rockets are doomed to be average with Tmac. They have been so far.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

The original post didn't say the team was doomed to be average, because Tmac is gone.

T-Mac doesn't have anything to do with the original post.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

And to make matters worse, he uses the majority of those late picks on guys who can contribute as solid rotation players. What an idiot!! :rolleyes:

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And your point? Moneyball for the A's started in late 90s. Winning division titles...is nice......but is not a Pennant nor a World Series.....They have won a pennant since the Bash Brothers.....way before Moneyball.

5. The Real Shady

I would like to compare Morey's late round picks to Carol Dawson's lottery picks and see who comes out ahead.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Moneyball won the Boston Red Sox a couple of titles. As for Oakland, like Billy Beane said, "It's ****ing luck."

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i would have liked to see the tmac situation play out better but the guy did not look like he was close to being 90%. he was still loafing around on offense and defense even in the meager minutes he was getting. i have had microfracture done before. i am clearly not a pro athlete but when i saw tmac out there it reminded me of my knee 8-9 months post-microfracture. the guy still needs 2 months before he can safely play anything more than 15+ mpg at 100% on offense and defense(100% being the key part). further, when you have microfracture you have days where you feel really good and maybe push a little too hard then you have 5 days where you feel like crap after. it is really a crappy surgery to come back from.

i agree about ariza and i think it is weighing on him right now. i think it is hurting all aspects of his game since he is trying too hard on offense. if he does have a facilitator then i think we see a much more relaxed and energized ariza....but those aren't easy to find. granted tmac is one and i wish he was healthy, but he simply is not and is not close to being so in my eyes.

if morey can actually swing something big or even decent for tmac then we could really be looking at a team ready to take off. it would have to be something mega along the lines of what ainge and the celts did. we will see if morey can pull the trigger or even find a set of deals like that out there.

finally, we are 19-13 with the most road games in the league and the hardest schedule. it's not as if we are average as you say.

8. SuraGotMadHops

Morey made trades (Scola, Lowry) and picks (Brooks, Landry), that took the eventual champion to 7 games last season. Kenny the Jet himself said that the winner between the Lakers and Rockets last year would win the title. So it really could be argued that the Rockets were 1 game away from ultimately winning the title...that doesn't seem mediocre to me.

In Morey We Trust. You want to see a bad front office that will always be mediocre, check out the Astros. A good GM is a true blessing, and the Rockets are blessed. Look how badly the Astros fell off when Gerry Hunsicker left. Watch your mouth next time.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

theo epstein?

10. foo82

foo82 Member

1. Is morey the source of our injuries?
    2. We are not spending less than any other franchise. Our comparison to Oakland is completely flawed. Oakland is purposely spending less money. We on the other hand, find undervalued role players to fit our stars (TMAC and YAO). It's not like we will be playing with a 30 mil dollar roster every year.

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

[​IMG]

12. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

I agree about the championship statement.

I think a little adversity will help shed more light on what type of GM Morey is as well as his vision for the team. I just find it funny that much of what they are seeking in a player they didn't give a real shot this season. I don't care about last season when saying this but you can.

It will never be said but a guy of you-know-who's skill set and length is what they will be once again be in search of unless Ariza becomes that of course. You can see it in the game tonight and how Ariza is being handled. To me there is irony in that.

Still waiting to see whose mattress is better.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wasn't gonna contribute to the longevity of this thread, but since it's at the top . . . OP seems to know nothing about basketball.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Either you don't know what the Rockets are seeking in a player or you think its 2004.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

He also seems to know nothing about baseball.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Theo Epstein had like the 2nd highest payroll in baseball. I think moneyball should really refer to when you put together a good team with a small payroll. The rockets currently are like that minus their two best players.

17. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

If you say so.

What's funny about your post is that you-know-who scoring 18 ppg makes him garbage. Do you understand that putting up 18ppg is hard for most of this roster to do? Also, most of the current roster is shooting in the low 40 or less. (And please don't make a it's the system argument.)

That garbage guy was getting like 15 ppg with significant injuries. If he gets shots with his next team, I see him flirting more with 20 ppg.

http://espn.go.com/nba/teams/stats?team=hou

It's all good though. ;)

1 person likes this.
  18. The Real Shady

What are they making though?

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I actually agree with you to some extent, I think the rockets are actually in the worst position that they can be. Like you said they neither can win a championship nor get a high lottery pick, the most likely scenario would be we make the playoffs and win one or two games and get beat(what's the point in that!?! :confused: ).

Where we differ. Is I actually think Morey has been a great GM(Scola, Landry, Budinger, Lowry, Brooks, etc.), however I would much rather get high draft pick's in a strong draft, than get pointless victories(given that we can't win the championship this year), but again this is just my humble opinion.... :cool:

PS. Im sorry if this offends anyone

-RB

20. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

What do you think they are experimenting with Ariza to be? He is long, a slasher and some times hits threes plus plays defense. To avoid the mob, you-know-who offered everything but may be the latter. Yet, he was a better passer and dribbler. Ariza, for better or worse, theoretically makes it easier for the Rockets to disregard you-know-who. At least that how it appears to have been sold.

And 2009 will be the same as 2004, no championship just with different characters.

If you disagree that's cool.