1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets & Dmo working out NEW DEAL

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClearLakeTX, Dec 9, 2016.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Well if he's not going to showcase himself it will be bad news for him. Its the difference between him being a FA again this Summer, or being traded to a team that thinks his contract is good value because he's a decent player.

We know for a fact Morey will be active this Summer in FA. D-Mo's contract is huge to either be traded before FA, or be waived to create cap space.

The only way I really see D-Mo being a Rocket next August is if -

-He performs well, and is better than said free agents
    -The Rockets strike out in FA

Basically if D-Mo has a bad season than it will likely put him in a situation where he's a FA AGAIN this Summer only he will get a late start due to the 7/15 waive date which will hurt him in free agency not getting early meetings. D-Mo needs to have a damn good rest of the season. Heres hoping he worked his a#$ off in Vancouver the past few months.

heypartner likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Ballic is never wrong. He's just right in a way that mere mortals cannot comprehend.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Its really not up to Dmo to showcase himself in this team, as of now, he is playing in couple position as least behind 3-4 guys.

And he knows that. For a one year deal, its actually more logical for him to play in the Nets than in the Rockets, everyone get that.

For the Rockets, the change of this contract actually gives us a big chip for the trade deadline if we will indeed need any upgrade for the playoff (forget about the summer, as this is the main goal if we will be in a position to contend).

Dmo's expiring one year contract of 8 mil is 10 times better than Brewer's contract and this is the true value in this deal.

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This is a MASSIVE trade piece for us this summer. Will be able to package DMo with all of our other mid tier salaries to match enough for a star.

Just need the assets to keep rising in value.

Mathloom likes this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not really. They wanted a mansion and ended up getting an apartment, but they were ballsy enough to cause a lot of drama while they negotiated for new carpeting so they could feel like they accomplished something.

JeffB likes this.
  6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

BJ StrongArm is a joke. Poor Dmo

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So I guess I missed the clarification. I saw 3 months till he's trade eligible. Do we know the exact date he's trade eligible? If he's able to be moved by the deadline that's even more incredible for the Rockets even though I'd say its unlikely by the deadline any team will have a good enough feel for how he's playing to know what they want out of D-Mo in a trade at that point other than teams that just might want the contract to move salary.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The trade option for Morey is wide open now :

Dmo + Brewer = 16 mils, throw in a draft pick you can get an expiring rental of a solid vet starter contributor.

Dmo + Brewer + Dekker + Draft pick + filler = You may also get a potential all star too, although I will be hesitate to give Dekker away, its just an example.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He can't re traded till after the season is over.

But there is no restrictions he can't block a trade.

So dmo is here all year he can't go anywhere

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

My understanding is he CAN be traded after 3 months. But that's past the trade deadline. So your're right, he's here all year.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This is a much better deal for the Rockets than before. We can trade him in the summer without his consent. We have a team option in July for each of the years. DMo is no longer an obstacle in our free agency plans and can be packaged with some of our young guns for a bigger star. And for what? An additional $1.5m guaranteed? Big win.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

OK got it, so like others said, best he can be traded is around the draft.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would have done a lot more for a million a year.

15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

So the Rockets matched the likely incentives. That was nice of them.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Has DMo-holic....er, basketballholic gone into witness protection? Has he posted yet? When do we get his Kellyanne Conway-type spin?

JeffB and heypartner like this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He's posted... still insisting that there is a hidden 4th year player option.

19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Rep this man!