1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Declining Parsons Contract?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jun 3, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/nKXQ_RIYnB/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah that Knicks team was the biggest mess. Lotsa teams have one one of those years.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's the diplomatic thing to say. There's always the chance the Rockets don't land that big star and are stuck with the pieces that would've gone.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Parsons is a better player than batum. Are you gonna act like batum was kiling in the reg season or even the playoffs. You keep players like harden just like the spurs kept manu when denver offered him 52m. Unlike clevelnd who let boozer leave despite being a 17-11rebs pf at 22.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Can you imagine how terribly awful it would be if Dwight got into foul trouble so we had a frontcourt combination of Hawes and Anthony? Especially with how bad our perimeter defense has been?

Lay-up drills for the opposing team.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Did you see Melo's team? Bargnani, Stoudemire, JR Smith, Felton

What could go wrong?

7. Aleron

If we got Lowry, I'd give in to Atlanta and add a sweetener to get Millsap

8. basketballholic

Yes I can imagine that happening once. After all we just watched Terrence _ones get toasted by Lamarcus and Robin every game with no response.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just wanted to quote this hypothetical trade once again because it is very well done and well reasoned. Morey working with Hinkie and Ainge makes a ton of sense too.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I still am somewhat hopeful this is what happens.

Lin + Rights to Papanicky + pick #25 to Toronto for Kyle Lowry SNT

Asik + Jones for Paul Milsap
    Sign Hawes with the MLE.

Sign Parsons long term.

Lowry/Beverly
    Harden / Daniels
    Parsons/ Casspi
    Milsap / DMO
    Dwight / Hawes.

That's the best team in the West in my opinion.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

First of all, Maasai ujuri is not an incompetent gm like colangelo was for the raptors. Ujiri will not trade for Lin. He's one of the best Gm's in the league.

Second, you want to trade to real good assets in jones and asik? I don't know why fans are so obsessed over milsap? He's good but he's not that good. He's a very overrated player on this board. Don't sleep on jones, he's gotten better every year, hes a very talented player, much like josh smith. And we all know jsmoove is a better player than milsap.

Something tells me you've never watches spencer hawes play. He is as soft as tissue paper. He can't play defense or protect the rim, yet you want to get rid of asik? Lulz!

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

:eek:

13. dje243

dje243 Member

We could resign parsons, trade Asik for millsap, and still have room to sign lowry.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

My thoughts exactly.

15. dlite316

dlite316 Member

i will buy that book for sure

16. Aleron

A sign and trade isn't a trade for fair value, it's more a case of us trying to buy our MLE. There's either trade Lin + stuff for space, waive MLE, sign Lowry or s&t Lowry for Lin + stuff to keep MLE. In the end it comes down to what team Lowry wants to play for, free agent and all.

while he was still a 2 point scorer, probably true, but his massive improvement from 3 (from 1 per 2 games at 33% to 3 per game at 36%) would make him a great fit to this team.

#616 Aleron, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  17. Aleron

18. Play07

Play07 Member

And for the record, Im not disagreeing with HARDEN, I feel the same.... if morey trades asik & Lin for cap, we don't have to sign 3rd star... I would satisfied with 2 solid players lowry\PF for example... then resigning parsons, use MLE and just build a solid team with no holes around.

-don't be surprised if Danny gets LOVE on draft night... that he doesn't try to convince MELO to come there and form a big 3... rondo & melo have been wanting to play together for quite some time, & if melo wants to leave, Phil will take whatever picks he can get in the process on a S&T, Knicks are desperate for future picks.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

People mention all this but the Celtics only have so many expirings to go around. I don't think he can sign and trade for both, multiple first round picks or not; the Knicks would probably have to take Gerald Wallace's ridiculous p.o.s. contract, which doesn't expire til 2016.

Unless they can amnesty Wallace, but that's a lot of $$$.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Players are only eligible for amnesty if they are (a) on the same contract they were on when the CBA was signed, and (b) on the same team they were on when the CBA was signed. Wallace is not eligible.