1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dealing for Bogans (UPDATE: Bogans-Baxter deal completed)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gucci888, Feb 9, 2006.

1. batizy

batizy Member

It looks another deal will be coming soon.
    Who will leave?

2. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

something mysterious is going on.

3. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

We traded a scrub for another scrub. Pure and simple.

Think about it, there's no free lunch in this league, we trade a Baxter we get a Baxter not Artest.

Sure we have had trouble with guarding 2-guards, but defense is never our main concern.

When our big 2s r playing, how many games did we let our opponent score more than 100 points? Let their 2-guard get his 30 points for all I care, they won't get jack elsewhere - we do play good d.

Now how many game did we SCORE the free big mac even with Yao Mac? That has something to do with our players yes but also a lot to do with our head coach :rolleyes: .

Our first problem is offense, followed by rebounding. Would someone please stick this on JVG's desk?

Yao is the only person who gives us consistant rebounds, so far he averaged 9.4 and as we all know Yao is decent but far from great at rebounding especially against teams who shot a lot from outside.

Our second rebounder is Tmac! That's why we miss Sura so much, guy really can rebound for a guard. Hayes and Baxter are decent rebounders but we don't need 2 headless chicken running around the court sometimes messing up our plays.

All told, we rarely even play Baxter, so adding a good 2-guard stopper is nice, but doesn't address our problems much.

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

i dont think anyone was trying to get artest for baxter. baxter is sitting on the bench. one of our defensive problems is wesley's height. thats what we sort of addressed.

offensive is our problem. we put all offensive load on tmac and yao and the rest of the scrubs do what..nothing.
    where was our impressive defensive when kobe was hitting 5 in a row on wesley. or where was it when cook was hitting open shots.

better offense wins over better defense.

#164 ndnguy85, Feb 9, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  5. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

Dude I hate to use the rolleye thing but :rolleyes:

6. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Since when? Even the Showtime Lakers could play furious defense (see '86 WCF game 6).

But anyway, this trade is fine. Essentially a bench-warmer for a potential rotation player. I'm waiting to see what, if anything, we do next.

7. Kyrodis

Kyrodis Contributing Member

Um...maybe I'm just totally missing something here, but we beat the Lakers in 5 games in 1986.

8. bleh12345

bleh12345 Member

no no wait a minute here.

I agree, especially in playoffs time, defense > offense.

But for our CURRENT team, we need to address our issues on the offensive end, that's our priority.

Followed by rebounding, once again.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ralph Sampson's turnaround jumper with 1 second left, how sweet it is !!

DD

10. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Please forgive the brain lapse. :)

11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

then dont use it. words actually make better points or in your case, counterpoints.

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Didn't follow the team a decade ago, did ya'? :)

13. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I just now had a dream that I logged in and there was a similar thread titled "Rockets Dealing for" but then the name afterwards was actually a player of consequence.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Stay tuned... we're due for a Knicks deal. ;)

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Not on the internets.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I like the deal. What I think doesn't matter, but Baxter's game against the Bobcats probably sealed the deal. He went 18,11 that night.

17. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

LB has a solid debut. 5 points and 4 rebound in 12 minutes.

18. poseyistheman

poseyistheman Member

This tells me that Anderson and Barry won't be back this season. It also says that Head will lose his mins to bogans while WEsley continues to start. Wesley should start and Bogans should back him up. Go Rockets!!!