1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dealing for Bogans (UPDATE: Bogans-Baxter deal completed)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gucci888, Feb 9, 2006.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Bogans is a combo guard capable of playing both positions, but the reason I put Head as the backup PG is i'm not sure where he fits into this current roster/rotation. With DA and Barry ready to return and the addition of Bogans, Head's role with the team is unclear. Head is too good and too promising of a player not keep in the rotation.

2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong with this team other than TMac's back. He's our superstar, our Jordan, our Shaq, our Kobe. If he's not right, like last night, we're just spinning our wheels. I think the move for Bogans is to give us a more capable backup SF to cut down on TMac's minutes. Bogans will assume the role that either DA or Glover was supposed to fill this season, but that Ryan Bowen got stuck with for lack of anyone better.

3. iOrange

iOrange Contributing Member

In his first season with McGrady's Magic, Bogans played pretty well. He was hungry and worked very hard on the defensive end. and I remember he has a pretty solid postup game.

4. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

:D :D hilarious but so true. i wish talk to jvg personally and make fun of him all day. but i wouldnt get half of the sarcastic comments he make.

5. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

bogans is a nice addition. good rotation player.

but still, this isn't going to make a big difference in the W column.

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

No, the scrubs looked good when T-Mac or Yao or both are playing well, they make the game easier for them, but when they're both struggling you might as well chalk up a loss. As far as the guys that are coming back, I would rather not ever see DA again, Sura should rest up and come back next season, Barry can make a small difference for a few minutes a game, Bogans is the guy that can make a significant difference, but we'll see. We still have the problems at PF and SG, huge problems, Juwon doesn't start anywhere else in the NBA, David Wesley, who I really like, is obviously limited now a days, and we don't have a back up anything that is consistent.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Baby steps.... :)

8. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

Kinda sad, I liked Baxter, but I like Hayes more, so I can part with him for a bigger, more defensive 2 guard. The bad thing is we not have 1/2 a team of guards. :( I sure hope we're making more trades soon.

9. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

10. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

There aren't too many people in the league that can score in the low post, so I'm a littled disappointed to lose Baxter. However, Bogans should be a welcome addition, and if this is anything like the Posey or Elie additions, I'd be ecstatic.

11. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

12. BullRider

BullRider Member

small move but one in the right direction. not gettin' my hopes up but maybe a youngin' like bogans can spark this defense some. WE NEED MORE CHANGES CD!

13. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Yeah, other than health, the one thing this team needs is a Posey or Elie kind of player who plays great defense and who can hit a 3 when left wide open. I don't know if Bogans will be that guy, but I know that Ryan Bowen isn't.

14. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

There's a price to be paid for having both T-Mac and Yao ming on your payroll, you know. ;)

15. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

We could have used him last night, I cringe watching Wesley guard Kobe. For all his effort he's just not tall enough. I know this is off topic but what the hell is Ryan Bowen doing on the floor when Hayes is sitting on his second DNP in a row, Van Gundy needs to wake up and smell the suckiness that is Ryan Bowen.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Clearly, the season has been saved!

17. Downtown

Downtown Contributing Member

With JVG`s recent pathos-filled plea, it leaves them at the end of the bench, staying on the IR, or even tradeable, though, I do believe, given his immense contribution from last year, the Rockets are far more committed to Barry than DA. We may be actively shopping DA, Wesley, and Norris while hoping against hope than Sura can return and Barry can be an off the bench shooter.

18. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

LOL, no sticky???

19. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Although SO true, I don't blame wesley at all. I was expecting a JVG-timeout after kobe's 2nd or 3rd tough shot...make a sub, change defensive assingments, or simply take a time out to chill him out (much like a TO after mcgrady's dunk). but nope...let kobe make a few more and a heat check bucket, and it was all over from there. I like JVG, but last night he made me doubt him for the first time.

20. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

hayes played last night bro, and before garbage minutes too.