1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Dealing for Bogans (UPDATE: Bogans-Baxter deal completed)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gucci888, Feb 9, 2006.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Did you not read the article? He's cleared to play. If you'd rather have LB than Bogans on this team, I question your basketball IQ..

2. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

He is the perfect Rockets guy-injured and cant shoot.

JVG try to hold the opponent under 70 every game.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is a good move as far as cheap moves go. Lonnie was acquired for nothing.

However, it still does not help with the main problem, which is a poor offense or lack of a third scorer. Tracy and Yao still have to do all the scoring. If one is ever out we lose 80-90% of our games.

If Bogans just replaces David Wesley in the lineup for instance, than it just means that out offense will suffer even more as Bogan's isn't as good a shooter as Wesley.

Maybe Bogans can help TRacy stay healthier if he can pick up some of the defensive load.

Let's also hope his injury is not part of the continual pattern of getting frequently injured players on the cheap, who we somehow hope can overcome thir injuries in the grueling JVG regime.

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Nice.. he'll get some solid playing time with JVG to see if his D really is that good or it's off to the land of the pine with him..

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

what exactly do you think the rox should get for Baxter?

It's nothing to get excited over, but yes, it is a good deal.

6. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I don't watch many Bobcat games, but from what I've seen from him in the past it seems as if he's a good spot up shooter. He's not going to be a sub DW with Ryan Bowen player. He's also pretty quick and athletic from what I remember, so he should help out with our perimeter defense. I think a "3rd scorer" is over rated. We have two superstars, we don't need anyone to average 18 points a game. What we need is for our superstars to actually show up, Tmac's went AWOL. I'd go as far as to say if we swap LB for Bogans straight up, I think it's a steal, much like Lue-Barry swap.

7. supertruck97

supertruck97 Contributing Member

#47 supertruck97, Feb 9, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  8. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Baxter has had a contract for the year -- he's been on the roster all season.

10. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

shwing!

11. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

This was a good trade.

12. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

Good trade, although still pissed at JVG for not playing DA and Barry yesterday. However, we have serious lineup issues now.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I agree with trying to get a swingman with size. Bogans has that at 6'5". Wesley tries as hard as he can, but his lack of size really hurts him trying to defend taller guards. Bogans at least is "young legs" so another quick defender with "length."

My question now is, with getting Bogans where does that leave Barry and Anderson...players with size themselves and play the same position?

14. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

Good trade for us, now we can defend guys like Kobe better.

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Good pick up, hope he can add something to this team.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Aquiring Bogans sets this team up for a David Wesley and change type of trade deadline deal. Bogans is 25 years old, long, tough and athletic. If you really think about it, Hayes is really the guy that helped facilitate this trade making Baxter completely expendable. I would like to see this team go young and athletic. Start Yao, Stro, T-Mac, Bogans and Rafer, just to see what happens. Do like the Spurs and bring the older guys from off the bench. JVG needs to do something different and shake this thing up to avoid these slow starts.

17. xcomputerman

Barry doesn't have the problem. He'll be spending minutes playing backup at the 2 for Wesley, and Luther Head will drop a notch in the rotation back to where he was at the start of the season. Anderson and Bogans will probably come off the bench for T-Mac at the 3, and this is why it's obvious Ryan Bowen will need to drop off the rotation altogether. The only question is who is the #1 PG backup for Rafer, do we still rely on Moochie?

18. xcomputerman

I like jump shooter's lineup too. That kind of shakeup on the starting rotation could potentially be very effective. Let Wesley come off the bench and hit those spot-up threes.

19. eman

eman Contributing Member

I will miss LB and wish him well.

I am thoroughly confused-- and I bet DW, DA, and JB are, too-- by our roster right now. Smells like something more is in the works...

20. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I like the fact we are getting a young, very athletic player who can defend multiple positions though I don't know a whole lot about him other than that. Baxter did well for us in his limited minutes. I wish him well in Charlotte.

So, now what do we do with Barry and DA?