1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets cut Isaiah Hartenstein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 23, 2020.

1. OpportunityCost

I agree! So boring to watch. So glad Mr. Statistic's failed offensive philosophy is gone and so is his minion, MDA. What we're doing now may be slightly similar but there is now more player and ball movement and hopefully Silas will implement more unpredictability in the offense in the future.

#301 OpportunityCost, Dec 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  2. OpportunityCost

Preach!!

ashleyem and 13 in 33 like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

Jeff Whitey vs Capela debate says hi......

GARM seems to have a habit overcorrecting and adjusting.....

4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Morey and MDA really, really **** the bed on a lot of GARM.

Insane scouting and strategy blind spots between the both of them.

Silas/Stone seem to come from fundamentally different basketball backgrounds and seem to be more traditional guys as far as GARM.

I like eccentricity and new ways to think but holy ****.

5. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

But it’s not just on MDA. He had an entire front office of Morey, Stone, analytics and scouting teams to put pressure on him to play a guy that developed into a good player.

This team did so many dumb things from 17-20 it’s unbelievable. They all get blame.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Right... but that was a sampling. My question remains, what games are you using? What is your criteria?

HP3 likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Hartenstein conned me into thinking he was a stretch 5.

Instead he is afraid to shoot them.

I want to sue him for fraud.

HP3 and DaDakota like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Seriously making me dig this up when you can just read?

30 min 6 points 16 rebounds +26 on the floor in his second game getting any minutes at all

24 mins 9 points 13 rebounds

34 mins 19 points 9 rebounds 2 blks 9/11 from the field

18 minutes 16 points 12 rebounds +21 on the floor

26 minutes 17 points 15 rebounds 5 blks 8/9 from the field +39 on the freaking floor. He only got DNP and spot minutes after this game and was cut later. Honestly pissed me off just remembering this and have to type it out.

My criteria is when he got any real minutes at all like I said.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

The dude was flat out dominant the last game he was allowed to play. Give me one god damn reason why he was never allowed to play again other than utter incompetence at best and flat out sabotage at worst.

#309 CXbby, Dec 28, 2020
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I never asked you to look up anything. What I was trying to find out was your criteria. What are "real" minutes? Were the 5 games I cited "Real" minutes?

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

You tell me if 10 min in garbage time real minutes?

A part of the rotation, allowed to play in the first half, how about that.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Even when Hartenstein was putting up decent numbers, he never looked "dominant." Give him props for being skilled and hustling enough to take advantage of the space Harden's presence creates. That's not a bad thing, of course, and good for him for taking advantage of the opportunity. I still don't see him as any kind of needle-mover on either offense or defense, though.

HP3 and saleem like this.
  13. CXbby

CXbby Member

That was a reply to the last part of my prior post, the game he put up 17 15 5 blocks 8/9 and +39 in 26 mins.

If any 22 year old in any other team put up that stat line one time, let alone each time he was allowed to play, I guarantee you they would be given an opportunity to play more. Can someone explain to me how you put up a game like that and get DNPs and 3 minutes a game after???

MrButtocks and ashleyem like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hartenstein was much more productive than PJ Tucker when given minutes - never understood why we let him go for nothing, he would have been a better rebounding big, a nice backup to Boogey and Wood.

DD

ashleyem likes this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has no jump shot which limits his value.

HP3 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, but he was developing one, and his rebounding and rolling to the basket were impressive....he is just a much cheaper and taller player....

DD

17. jayydela

jayydela Member

Letting him go over Clemons was a mistake. Now Clemons is a double whammy since we had to cut Gerald Green bc of him.

18. MettaWorldPete

I'm generally a huge Morey and MDA fan, but what happened with IH was always a bit of a head scratcher to me.

19. CXbby

CXbby Member

Utah just gave some dude without a jump shot the supermax. Hou gave Capela $18m a year. Yeah really limited.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh.... I am not going to lose any sleep over losing Hartenstein.

He isn't a three point shooter like some think. He isn't really a shooter at all.

He has a strong wingspan and is strong enough to bang some inside defensively. However he is not really a good switch defender at all and he has some issues laterally which can leave him exposed defensively.

He will bring you hustle and rebounds and will get out of position blocks....... he is a lot like Chris Anderson or a worse Bo Outlaw.

The guy has a place on the end of a bench for a team but certainly isn't worth being upset that he is gone as what he brings isn't that hard to find.

#320 Nook, Dec 28, 2020
    HP3, fattz, MettaWorldPete and 2 others like this.