1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets cut Isaiah Hartenstein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 23, 2020.

1. dmoneybangbang

Plenty of time to get a look in a span of 3 months during a shorten season amid a pandemic? Hyperbole undercuts your argument.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure how that's hard to understand. are you under the assumptions guys are forbidden to play in gyms and team facilities right now cause that definitely isn't true. did transactions just stop and guys aren't being picked up by other teams caused that's definitely not true. 1 thing that is true though is IHart didn't get picked up by anyone and still hasn't. There is no argument here. it's literally 1 side that's proven to be true day by day. the only thing people like you are frustrated with is the false perception of him having legit value while getting dumped. While reality says otherwise. Next.

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

It's pretty simple to understand, its pandemic. 15 player transactions during this period, not exactly a ringing endorsement of normal activity....

I'm sorry you are underestimating the effect the pandemic is having on normal activity.

Seems like you're the opposite..... I'm just trying to explain to you the consequences of a pandemic on the NBA. It is likely Ihart will be playing overseas sooner than later but this shortened season neither confirms and denies that.

Relax friend.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's actually 17. and there's plenty of teams that had spots open. most notably the delete 8 teams that are sitting at home.

has nothing to do with underestimating and more of you not being able to understand IHart has next to zero value. That apparently hurts some of you but it's reality

5. dmoneybangbang

15 players have been signed..... https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ng-signed-players-best-free-agents-available/

It seems like many teams are just holding down the fort and picking it back up when there's more clarity.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly. theres been transactions. and teams still with open spots

@ me when IHart gets picked up by an actual NBA team since he wasn't even worth using a waiver on a non-guaranteed contract

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Calm down Mrs. House.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

My per cats are being signed like hot cakes:

Tyler Johnson - Nets
    Justin Anderson - Nets
    Ryan Broekhoff - 76ers
    Theo Pinson - Knicks

Dragan Bender and Jonah Bolden still available.

cerophilik, saleem and jch1911 like this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Yep, and there's no big rush to fill out spots. Teams aren't jockeying for the 2020-21 season at this point in time.

Sure thing champ.

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I wonder what kind of role Hartenstien will eventually have in the NBA, if any. He's not particularly skilled. He's not a great shooter nor a post player, even on the G league level. Would his comparison be Mason Plumlee? I think his defensive potential is more limited than Plumlee's and it would be a surprise if he could have that kind of passing.

saleem likes this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Mike dantoni might get extension after all. Hartenstein has to be patient and ready when time comes.

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Hartenstein did something I don't think harden could do and that's win d league championship.

If Harden played on viper don't think viper would win g league championship.

Seriously, cmon we're talking harden!

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

You must be such a lonely coward.

You are not a Rockets fan so talking smack must be the only way for you to get any attention.

Sad and ugly, what a way to live.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We lost some heart this week, but gained some luck.

The question begs...which characteristic is more important?

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So wait, you are citing the pandemic as a reason for Stein not getting signed?

Is that right?

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It tells that Stein had less than zero trade value, for one.

YOLO likes this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

I've laid out my position.

18. dmoneybangbang

Less than zero? Good ole hyperbole.... you really need that for your argument?

Yes, during a shortened season where only 16 players were picked up at the new deadline. Unclear whether or not Hartenstein will get picked up during a normal regular season. It's pretty clear most teams aren't preparing for the next season yet.

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t been picked up. I guess the league has moved away from his type of game even more than I realized. I still think there’s a place for him. He’ll be okay.

jch1911 likes this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Daryl Morey always calls, Text other GMS for trade scenario and even geting a idea for trade value.

Isaiah Hartenstein literally has no value to trade for a 1st Round Pick or a 2nd Round Pick.

The League Changed ever since the Rockets beat the Lakers with Robert Covington guarding Anthony Davis, Covington looks as tall as Anthony Davis.

The Rockets Beating the Lakers It made the Media look so dumb Idiots.