1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets could be involved in three team trade w/ Spurs and Raptors

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Aug 23, 2012.

1. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lol the Spurs were totally outmatched in terms of talent. Brooks didn't outcoach Pops at all.

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I remember how amazing it was that Gary Neal seemed to make every damn shot he threw up. I'd gladly take Neal Over Patterson, even if Patterson returns to rookie form.

But what sucks is that Neal will probably start sucking once he gets on the Rockets, I feel that he benefited from a good system.

So idk about this trade.

3. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Has anyone reported this trade rumor aside from this thread and its source?

4. MONON

MONON Member

I like the trade as reported, but won't get my hopes up til I see some substanciation. The rumor's a nice break in the long off season though.

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

get rid of some of these no named players we have , not ppat, he is only in his 3rd year. Brockman is still on the roster WHY!!!!!

6. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Close the thread. Its pure BS. People are bored and want something to talk about.

7. rocketseagles07

what he said.... lmao @ bobby knight and rebuilding

8. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Because Brockman knows how it's done.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't think you'll be sleeping much for a while. Now that the Howard deal fell through, I doubt we'll trade Martin until around the trade deadline. We will need his contract to work out a deal if a star player somehow becomes available then.

10. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

So the reason why they won so many games and had a 2-0 lead against the Thunder, is because of Pop's coaching. Ok got it.

I guess Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan suck. And the fact they have played together for a decade doesn't really make much of a difference. And having a high scoring bench, a top rookie in Leonard, and the 3 point shooting of Jackson didn't mean much. It was Pop the whole time. It must have been his Jedi mind tricks in the beginning of the series, and then OKCs Darth Vader like talent just overcame his Jedi mind tricks.

Man maybe NBA coaches do win championships for their teams. Spoelstra must be the next Yoda!

#210 tanviraman, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  11. teebone21

teebone21 Member

no stars will be available after that last trade. Nash , iggy, bynum, and dwight will easily resign while CP3 will be back in LA resigning after the season for the max. Kmart has 12 mill expiring that will good great at end of season with our cap room BUT i doubt even with our $$ no good players will want to come to possibly the worst team in the west

12. tanviraman

So then if you're smart, why don't you give me your opinion and answer my simple question, regarding how he would fair in other environments and why? Could he adjust to organizations and talent like Adelman and Karl? I think his personality is only a fit for Duncan and that Spurs organization.

And I think people highly underestimate 3 great players playing together for so long with 3 very different skill sets. That's not coaching, that's talent and the formation of the team. All things considered, they have been extremely healthy for 10 years. Maybe more so than any other all star trio in NBA history. When Ginobli was hurt in recent years the Spurs were not a factor in the playoffs.

And if Pop is such a brilliant coach, when have the Spurs won a playoff series that they honestly were clearly the inferior team? I can't think of one series. They had homecourt against the Pistons in 05, and thats the biggest series they ever won.

Rudy T doesn't get nearly as much credit and he lead the Rockets in 95 as the sixth seed, won a bronze with CBA players at the World Championships, and a gold in Sydney with players that hardly practiced together.

#212 tanviraman, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Cool. Didn't know you were psychic.

Things happen that we don't expect all of the time. Sometimes Donte West has sex with your star player's mom and it changes everything. Sometimes Toni Braxton happens. Neither you nor I have any idea if circumstances will change enough somewhere for a star to demand a trade at the deadline.

And that's why Morey will hold on to Martin. Best case, he's used in a deal at the deadline for a star that has unexpectedly become available. Worst case - he expires at the end of the year and gives us more flexibility. Either way, the dude I quoted isn't going to get much sleep.

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

OKC had more talent than the Heat too, Brooks just got outcoached big time

a few of those games they lost in the 4th quarter. Should have made Harden the PG againist Chalmers(not really an attacking guard), and matched Westbrook againist Wade( who wasnt 100%)

Sefalosha holds down LBJ for as long as he can, and then you go back to your regular lineups. OKC lost the series because of Scott Brooks, and thats probably the biggest reason why the Thunder GM( was so hesistant to bring him back)

Also not having Maynor in there healthy probably hurt too

OKC has the most talent in the league BAR NONE

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

What about this?

Houston Trades: Patterson, Livingston, Douglas, and JuJuan Johnson, 2014 and 2015 first rounders, Kevin Martin
    Houston gets: Spurs first Rounder, Andrea Bargnani, Gary Neal, Kleiza
    Spurs trade: Blair, First Rounder, Bonner, Gary Neal
    Spurs get: Patterson, Rockets two firsts, Calderon, Raptors 2014 First

Raptors get: Blair, Douglas, Johnson, Bonner, Livingston, Kevin Martin
    Raptors trade: Bargnani, Calderon, 2014 First, Kleiza

Rockets Line-up:
    Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    Bargnani
    Asik

Spurs:
    Parker
    Ginobili
    Leonard
    Patterson
    Duncan

Raptors:
    Lowry
    Derozan
    Martin
    Davis
    Valanciunas

16. tanviraman

As I said earlier an NBA coach's job is not to make bad decisions, not necessarily being brilliant. Brooks is not a good coach, but Pops and Phil always being referred to as great or brilliant is absurd. NBA talent/specific skill sets are much more important for the success of a franchise. That's why I don't think those 2 guys could even do what George Karl and Adelman do in the sense they would struggle with mediocre talented teams. They're use to doing things a certain way and have always had great talent.

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i wish i understood why you think that, tbh. Your logic seems to be

player talent means more than coaching
    ----therefore--->
    Pops would struggle with mediocre talented teams

18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

clearly a fan of the Spurs.... :p
    they are getting like 4 times the value of what they give here.

Raptors get destroyed.

Kind of neutral for the Rockets, they win on talent but lose on sense (that's not a playoff team, they are mediocre again and they gave up their picks).

btw, can't trade back to back picks, unless you get someone else's 1st rounder in one of those years

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hope we trade Lamb, Donut and Lin for picks and peanuts.

20. rock34

rock34 Member

Well, today is the 27th let's see what develops. I have had my serious doubts about this for several reasonds but with things being slow right now it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on it.