1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets.com] Q&A with Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fritz145, Sep 23, 2008.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Very good point.

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So what is Mike Harris' status? Is he going to make the team?

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am glad that Morey is interested in acquiring Lebron James.

4. dexkk

dexkk Member

did he say that?

5. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Armstrong would be awesom. he would be instant offense off the bench. he is also is a underrated playmaker. von wafer is a interesting one. one thing is for sure, with us bringing us all these guards in, it shows the lack of faith in francis and head.

6. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Morey mentioned that barry, artest and MCGRADY are showing a great deal of " work ethic". so much for mcgrady is lazy.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Great interview. Thanks.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

1) if Dorsey is gonna be signed by the end of this week to a "long-term deal" then this implies that part of the MLE will be used and Morey may be open to letting Landry walk...

2) if Von Wafer has a chance of making the team then perhaps Head is gonna be dealt afterall...

3) Stoudamire, Armstrong, and Strawberry all being considered does not bode well for Morey's expectations of SF3's return to form...

4) probably the most significant tidbit from the entire interview is that the player the entire roster has been built around, Yao, is completely healthy now...

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

I reckon Mike Harris would go before Luther Head.

10. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

So does it mean that if, a big IF, an out-of-mind GM offered Carl Landry the full MLE, we will not be able to match? Any other team left with the full MLE money out there?

11. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Last night i was on xbox and i sent aaron brooks a messege. I asked him if i should be fred flinstone or a spartan from the movie 300 for haloween!

I also told him if he see's buddy baker around camp to tell him the rockets fans want him to kiss our A@#! and if he see's landry Tell him we want him to go to europe! I'm so tired of hearing about this landry being greedy situation!

12. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Great Article! It's always good to hear from DM. Can't wait to see the team on the floor. :D

It's good to hear Mcgrady is serious and back on the court.

It's good to hear the team medical staff thinks Yao's doing well.

It's good to hear DM is still exploring more options and will still bring more guys to camp to compete.

It's good to hear Ron is already playing and setting a tone for the season.

The only bad vibe I got out of this article was that Steve Francis will be on the outside again, looking in and will have his work cut out for him, with Brooks, Berry, Strawberry, and other guys coming to camp. So we'll see how this PG situation thing works out.

DM even has a back up plan just in case Deke and Landry don't come around.

Way to go Daryl!! Nice read. Thanks!

13. Thanos

Thanos Member

This deserves crawling out from old-timer lurking mode.

I'm absolutely amazed by this interview.

Flat out awesome.

It's absolutely revolutionary to see a writer from within the organizarion asking tough questions like this (and what's even more surprising: getting most of them answered).

Great, great work.

Keep it up and thanks a lot!

14. Jimes

Jimes Member

I for one am glad you are now working for the Rockets Fritz. And I'm glad they are willing to do these interviews and answer all the questions... except for that last one which, as our sworn duty as Clutchfans we need to start random speculations on. As opposed to Carl Herrera, I think DWade has been in talks w/ Morey about forcing a buyout from a Heat team in disarray and taking a pay cut to play with the Rockets.

15. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

I think the ron artest trade and the brent barry has lite a fire under mcgrady's behind. it really sounds like he is putting the hard work this offseason. it might have rejuvinated him.

16. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Ugh.... I wish this landry situation would resolve itself. I'm getting impatient. I'm going to Austin this weekend, and if by the time I get back its still not done...I'll still be mad.

17. dreamrockets

dreamrockets Member

Great great questions. Good job J!

18. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Rockets GM Daryl Morey said in a recent interview that Tracy McGrady still has pain stemming from left knee and shoulder surgeries last May.

"Tracy has got some lingering pain in some of the places where he had surgery," Morey said. "He was out playing today and feels pretty good and feels like it's something that's just a minor annoyance and that, even if it didn't go away, he'd play the whole season with it." Alarm bells should be going off for T-Mac's potential owners, as injuries have limited his effectiveness for years. He can't be written off as an elite fantasy player, but is being drafted after younger (and healthier) stars like Kevin Durant in most drafts. Sep. 24 - 9:23 am et

I got that off rotoworld which is from that Q&A

But that part right there is definately worrying me. Training camp hasnt started and Mac is already saying he has pains. Not a good start from a health stand point in my opinion. I like the vets they are talking about bringing in. Although they are well past their prime, theyve been in winning situations before and have the experience. You could tell during last years playoffs that Aaron Brooks seemed a little overwhelmed by the situation

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Well I'm counting up the 15 total roster spots with Harris already getting cut since backup point guard seems to be a more pressing need now, especially with Artest on board:

1) Yao
    2) Scola
    3) Artest
    4) TMac
    5) Rafer
    6) Battier
    7) Brooks
    8) Landry
    9) Barry
    10) Hayes
    11) Dorsey
    12) Francis
    13) Deke
    14) Head
    15) additional backup PG

Also, what do you think about the offer to Landry that Morey mentions in this interview......he's talking about the paltry qualifying offer or some other multi-million$/multi-year offer? :confused:

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Have you seen his numbers the last few years? Dude is over 40 years old.