1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Rockets.com) Q & A Jermaine Taylor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingStevo10, Sep 2, 2010.

1. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

A left hand, fundamentals, and most importantly, court vision.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

A Coach who believes in you, helps to develop you & gives you adequate playing time to develop your talents. :p

3. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Agreed coach adelman has favorites in my opinion, but the way to get regonized is to work your butt off in practice. That's what I'm hoping he does and Rick takes note of that and lets Jt get playing time, but he has to earn it!

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Agree on the unrealistic goals. He said he didn't shoot well because of confidence - in the summer league. If you have too high of expectations and you don't meet them (because they are too high) what do you think happens to your confidence - against the NBA elite? He should have progressive but realistic goals. 1- Help the team off the bench to help to the team win some games. 2- Become the 6th man. 3- Become a starter.

He needs to focus on #1 or it will be back to the D League and out of the NBA when your contract is up.

5. Blunt

Blunt Member

Thought? Tmac was elite.

JT is still raw he has athleticism that's off the charts, unfortunately the game doesn't come naturally to him but in time JT will develop into something nice.

Good luck JT.

6. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Is it more noble to want to be an efficient contributor on a winning team, or its best player? The saga continues.

Frankly, I find 'best players' kinda tiresome.

I should say though, I appreciate JT, even though he wants to be a 'best player' and I hope he has a great season.

7. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

i think theres just some players that "get it" they just have a feel for the game. wade also is alot more polished and has more skills but but the difference is that dwade has that "it' factor that all superstars have

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Alright Jermaine, you heard the man. You got to "get it" to become the best player in the league. Work at developing the "it" factor, that's all there is to it!

9. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Every coach has his favorite players, but RA loves him some Jermaine Taylor. At least his work ethic and attitude.

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

not sure about that? since when has RA loved/liked Jermaine, he let him rot on the bench starting him once and play every other blow out we had. even a game in utah when shane got injured jermaine was expeted to get increased mins but he got his usual minute of playing time.

im just sayin tho jermaine will have to get recognized and work hard tirelssly at a constant level

11. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I honestly think JT COULD be the best player on the team besides Yao its just the mental part of the game thats holding him back.

12. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I hope we dont trade this guy, i dont think hes gona get to much playing time this season since we are stacked! and i dont really see martin or lee playing the 3, and taylor is way too short to play the 3, that really hurts him.

13. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Mentality is a huge issue in the NBA.....

Everyone is a good athlete, everyone can dunk...you need to be smarter than the next guy, or rather a quicker thinker.

DD

15. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

He said he wants to be mentioned with the big names,I hope he gets their but as a rocket haha

16. DaneB

DaneB Member

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

19. AggieRocketsFan

He should at least be able to pan out like a Jason Richardson

20. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya exactly my thoughts a poor mans J-Rich.