1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets.com Pre-Announce Ming as #1 Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bay Rock, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Bay Rock

Bay Rock Member

My apologies if this has already been posted.

www.rockets.com

"Yao-Mania!
    June 26 - Be sure to log on to rockets.com for complete coverage of tonight's NBA draft. The moment NBA Commissioner David Stern announces the Rockets' selection of Yao Ming with the No. 1 pick of the 2002 NBA Draft, rockets.com will launch an exclusive Yao Ming section, complete with video, photo galleries, a fan poll, quotes, a special contest, and much more!

June 26 - Rockets general counsel Michael Goldberg issued the following statement today: “I received a letter early this morning from Chinese Basketball Association Chief Executive Xin Lancheng confirming that all of his concerns had been addressed. We are looking forward to drafting Yao Ming with the first overall selection in the 2002 NBA Draft. The fact that we arrived at such a mutually beneficial understanding in such a short period of time illustrates the spirit of cooperation and trust that existed throughout these discussions. There were many rounds of congratulations exchanged this morning with Chief Executive Xin, Yao Ming’s representatives and officials from the Shanghai Sharks.”

2. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I guess this means we're not gonna trade him huh?

3. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

I just visited the site too. I am just looking forward to the draft and the exclusive section with video footages on the Rockets site :)

-G'day-

4. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

thanks Bay Rock.

Now someone tell me what we are doing with the #15.