1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rockets.com] McHale on effort

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Jan 10, 2012.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looks like Martin is smart enough to talk the talk and ignore the walk.

DD

2. Nook

Nook Member

You are amazing... I did not know you were in the heads of all the players on the team...

You just throw out blanket and unsubstantiated statements as if they are facts and think if you say them enough it will validate your opinion...

It does not work that way unless you are a political pundit on FOX or CNN.

1 person likes this.
  3. DaDakota

Feel free to disagree all you like, fine by me. I am just going by what I see on the floor, what players have said in the press and how management has treated them, and how that effects people in general.

If you think they bleed Rockets red - good. I however do not.

DD

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

DD is one of our best assets here. He is also a great Doctor,phychiatrist, and coach.

1 person likes this.
  5. DaDakota

LOL - I may not be, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

DD

6. Nook

Nook Member

It is all good natured...... but I believe very few players bleed Rockets red, or Celtic green or Laker gold...... look at the roster..... Scola has played for a number of professional teams, Martin was a King for years... Lowry was a Grizz... Dalembert has been on a few as well....

They all know that this is a business and that they can and probably will be traded... it is like dating...

You are not giving players like Scola and Martin enough credit. They give effort because they are professionals and have pride.

7. DaDakota

All true, but also because they want to believe that the org values their contributions, and once that vale is pierced it is hard to sew it up.

I mean for them, do they now play through pain, or do they sit out? Do they dive on the floor for that ball, or do they just let it go?

That is what I am talking about, even though Rudy T also would trade players, he also instilled a confidence in them.....when Horry was nearly traded Rudy sat down with him and told him they loved him, but they needed him to pull the trigger when he was open, it changed Horry and he was properly managed and motivated.

What has McHale done to get Kmart to buy into his Defensive plan, or Scola etc?

And now, he is basically calling Luis out in public for his comments about "Not having it"

Luis may not have the NBA championships, but he sure as hell has basketball credentials out the wazzzoooo.

Look at how hard he played this summer for Argentina, when he was not even being paid, and compare it to now.......he is not playing as hard now as he was then, and I believe the reason is because he is bothered by the near trade, and probably has not bought in completely to McHale yet....

That is how I read it......as Dr. DD.

DD

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That just means he is going to be traded soon.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Do you really believe Scola would take offense???? Plus, since the OP quote never made Feigen's post practice article, Scola won't even read it...if he does read the paper, he'll see quotes from McHale that he 100% agrees in.

Quit getting your drama queen panties in a wad, all because you need to make some odd fan logic about nothing.

10. heypartner

But if Martin's quote doesn't agree with you, you'll spin it so it makes sense to you.

weird

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Love the decisions McHale has/is making as coach.

He gets it.

Pretty obvious if the players don't or won't, he'll let them know and sit them.

I like it.

1 person likes this.
  12. jogo

jogo Member

I have to agree with this. Sitting Hill and Bud because they weren't performing sets a good precedent. It's early in the season, too, and McHale is willing to change lineups around to find what works best.

Any why can't McHale talk about poor effort from his team? All great coaches do that! He's telling them to get their butts into gear. Why is that bad?

13. heypartner

Finally some sense. McHale was fair to Bud and Hill to let them lose their spot in anticipation of them improving instead. They didn't...so he benched them in 7 games. And some say he was too patient with them?

We can spin the facts to say Martin is pulling a Brooks because he's being unprofessional about the trade; yet, ignore then say McHale should have benched Bud and Hill earlier if he new what he was doing? Must be fun to actually produce logic like that in ones head and not feel embarrassed by yourself.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

While I hated those old Celtic teams with a passion, I would have no problem with our Rockets adopting some of that toughness.

Martin's days are numbered if he does not grow a pair.

15. DaDakota

I don't think it is bad as long as he is consistent and sits Luis and Kmart as well.

Because otherwise he is sending mixed messages.

Either way, I think that he is doing what he thinks is best, we shall see if it works out or not.

DD

16. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

a very bad coach but a true gem for a rebuilding team.

17. DaDakota

No, I don't believe Scola cares what McHale says, and is proabably waiting to be traded...and just doing his job.

DD

18. jogo

jogo Member

The difficulty with this is that we need to trade Martin and probably Luis. They give us more value by playing as starters and performing well (offensively). We can't sit them because then our trade partners will think "these two may not even be starters!" and that will hurt their value. And Martin and Scola have performed much better than Bud and Hill and probably do deserve to start. That being said, I'd love for them to be traded and Lee/Patterson/Trade piece start in their place.

Hill and Bud should be traded, too, but they are probably viewed as bench players regardless of whether they start or not.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I've asked you multiple times to prove otherwise. That is, in this system that is professional sports, to show me evidence that teams that treat their players like a happy family end up doing better?

It's already been pointed out in this thread that the greatest coach in the history of the game didn't exactly shy away from using the media to motivate his players.

20. DaDakota

You believe otherwise, I do not, there is no proof, it is simply what we believe.

Ah you mean the coach that players respect based upon his record, gotcha.

DD