1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets/Clippers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by THEgoods, Jun 2, 2000.

1. THEgoods

THEgoods Member

How about this?

Rockets get: ODOM,KANDI

Clippers Get: Shandon Anderson, Kelvin Cato, #9 pick, future first round pick, Bryce Drew, Trade Exception.

Logic: Ive been reading posts here for a while and most of the posts ive been reading are not very realistic.I think this trade is very realistic. The clipps get a quality maybe future all star in Shandon Anderson and a talent and a sought after player in cato and plus a talent in 9 pick and possibly a great/good talent in future first round draft pick.

Why(clippers):the clipps make this deal because they fill in voids withs bryce drew and draft pick and get a player that has around 6 years in contract and another that has 2 to 3. and then bryce drew and the draft picks.

Why(Rockets):the rockets pull off another blockbuster trade in this deal and get a versatile player in odom that can play anywhere and a center that has talent and with the right tutoring and coaching staff could be a good/great player.

____this deal is good for both sides!
    this would be a great trade!

------------------

2. THEgoods

THEgoods Member

rockets Lineup

C: Kandy/dream
    PF:kenny thomas/Los Rogers
    SF:Odom/Wizard
    SG: Mobley/?
    PG: Francis/Mochie
    ___i dont know what we would do with the backup sg spot. Any sugguestions?

------------------

3. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

The Clippers are inept, but not this inept. They will only trade an Odom for an Iverson; not the Rocket's bench.

------------------
    There better be a statue of Hakeem outside of the new downtown arena.

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Rockets get: ODOM,KANDI

Clippers Get: Shandon Anderson, Kelvin Cato, #9 pick, future first round pick, Bryce Drew, Trade Exception.

Logic: Ive been reading posts here for a while and most of the posts ive been reading are not very realistic.I think this trade is very realistic. "

LOL!!

Backup SG solution-the trade isn't lopsided enough. Have them throw in DA in a sign and trade.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

5. THEgoods

THEgoods Member

cato and anderson and #9 would all be starters...this trade is realistic.

------------------

6. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot Member

The trade isn't realistic at all. Would you deal Francis and Cato to Cleveland for the #8, Brevin Knight, Wesley Person, and a future draft pick?

------------------
    There better be a statue of Hakeem outside of the new downtown arena.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think it is remotely fair- I still believe they'd want a lot more. But these are the Clippers. And by the way, sky pilot, that doesn't make any sense at all. Shandon Anderson is way better than either of those players, and so is Kelvin Cato, due if anything to his size and athletism. As much as I can't stand him, 7 footers with great athletism don't come around every day.

------------------

8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

SA passed up resigning with Utah for more money to sign with Houston. To ship him off to the Clippers would besmirch the Rockets name with Free Agents for years.
    The Rockets will not do that.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.

Donate Blood!

9. Sweet P

Sweet P Member

If we could only have shipped Pippen to the Clips, that would have been fitting. But Anderson, after he took less money to come to the Rox. That would just be cold. I imagine also that there is probably some kind of no trade without consent clause in his contract.

------------------
    "Someday I'd like to do something really meaningful with my life. Like burn Stockton to the ground!" - Henry Rollins

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The Rockets have set the precedent of dealing away a player that has agreed to play with them for less than market value, just ask Kevin Willis.

------------------
    "Yes, I came from the 80s...but I didn't kill anybody. Give me a break."

-Mike Tramp, former lead singer of White Lion

11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Willis wasn't really in demand when we signed him. He'd bounced around between several teams before coming here. We pretty much signed him at close to his market value.

------------------

12. alaskansnowman

I doubt the rox even THOUGHT about that trade at all. The Clipps will not let Odom go, he is way too good.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

13. TheFreak

I don't think 1.5 mil a year was Willis' market value. Matt Maloney made more.

------------------

14. Miggidy Markell

But to my memory he played for the Warriors before he came to Houston. Wouldn't anyone go some place else less then market value to get out of there? Maybe not the clippers or Grizzles but anyway, we also just got Charles which meant we were abit low on cap room. Kevin is a goof anyway, I don't know why everyone complains about Cato when we could have had Willis instead. By the way I just loved his defence [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I think this is a bad deal for the Rockets.

Odom is a great talent and Kandi is a role player at best and we're giving up our lottery pick, another first that could be another lottery pick, our only real means of getting a decent free agent this year, and a really good role player in SA.

No dice.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

16. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I don't think 1.5 mil a year was Willis' market value. Matt Maloney made more.

At the time, that was pretty close to his market value. He was a 30+ year old player with a recent history of back problems and he hadn't been productive at all with the Heat or Warriors. At the time we signed Willis, Maloney was making the league minumum of $247K.

------------------

17. D.R.E.A.M

D.R.E.A.M Member

No way!!! Don't even think of mentioning Shandon Anderson's name. how much time did we wait till he became a Rocket? He's part of our future and up there in the "untouchable" area with Francis.

------------------
    Dream's Team!

18. TheFreak

aelliott, I'd be inclined to believe you except for the fact that Willis said "I took less money to play with Houston", and Rudy T said "If we didn't know for sure we could've signed Kevin Willis we wouldn't have made the (Barkley) deal". Taking that into consideration, it sounds to me like Willis did the Rockets a favor, and they turned around and traded him. Hey, it's a business, right?

------------------

19. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Willis was F##ked by the rockets ... didn't even have the decency to use vaseline ! No wonder he was rather upset when he was traded !

------------------
    It's all about marketing !