1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets clear Yao to play tomorrow against Cavs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tracymingreedy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

This is great especially because we are doing it against the Cavs.

I just can't wait till tomorrow and everyday until April 18th. :)

#41 WhoMikeJames, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  2. Northside Moss

That makes good sense for the TC fans, but medically, its pretty off; taking TD one-on-one isin't the best cure for injury rust. Big Z is better, but I were his doctor, I'd rather have Yao go against whoever the Celtics are starting in thier tankfest.

From a fan's point of view, I wanted him back two months ago...but eh.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

wow probably the first time i am excited about going into work early tomorrow (5am) so i am definitely home in time to see the rockets game (i live in LA so its starts tomorrow at 4pm for me) Normally I would dvr the game if its a east coast game but I should be home in time tomorrow. yay!

even if yao plays only 12 minutes it will be great to see him back out there, I, as well as everyone else here all missed him as a player on and a person off the court. It will be great to see him back. Maybe now teams wont double or triple tracy as much anymore and some of those passes that were going to deke will now go to yao and actually be converted into points instead of Turnovers or missed shots

4. indahizouse

indahizouse Member

It's on, baby! ITS ON!!!! :D

5. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

That would be a travesty of justice. Do we really expect JL3 to be a Steve Nash when playing with Yao?

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The travesty of justice would be playing V-Mac at all.

7. reverse

reverse Member

Just cant wait to see this game. Watch out Cleveland! :D

8. thegreatakbar

thegreatakbar Member

i can hear it now...."YAO MING...YAO MING YAO MING YAO MING"!

just pure music to my ears!

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Rockets athletic trainer Keith Jones and general manager Carroll Dawson said only that Yao would be on the active roster. But Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said on Sunday that Yao will start tomorrow. Forward Chuck Hayes will also return to the starting lineup, Van Gundy said..

"When they say he can play," Van Gundy said on Friday, "I'm playing him.
    "

This is in the Chron story but not in the first post in the thread. The story must have been updated. Looks like Yao is starting along with Chuck Hayes.

10. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

good catch

11. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member

Thanks for the update, so Yao will start!!

12. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Time for Bionic Yao!!!

[​IMG]

13. rocketsmetalspd

Time for Yao to get everyone in the room and tell them like the Great Dream once said "We go from here" that is the best quote from The Dream after they lost to Sonics in the playoffs, the next year the Rockets went on to win the Championship.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm pleasantly surprised with the decision to put Chuck back in the starting lineup. I expected JVG to continue to start Juwan. We'll see if Chuck can take advantage of the opportunity.

15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

If they deactivate Big Jake tomorrow, I'm buying ouzo for the whole forum. As in, not happening. You think we're gonna field a guy who's just coming back from a broken leg, a 41-year-old guy who's running on fumes, and NOT the backup we picked up to keep Deke alive? Novak and Spanoulis can't possibly be that important.

Very big news about the brace, if true. That was my biggest worry.

You know what's gonna be the weirdest thing about Yao coming back? A lot of trade ideas that looked smart or stupid at the trading deadline are suddenly going to change places. Guys who made sense with Yao out now won't, and vice versa. So, back comes Chuck Hayes. And probably Rafer looks better. Meanwhile, we'll be asking ourselves -- uh, what exactly were we thinking when we laughed off the idea of giving up Juwan to get Mike James? (And maybe: thank God we didn't give up Hayes for him.) I also think we'll end up feeling foolish that we held on to Bonzi.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Don't we already?

(And BTW wouldn't Stevenson had been a better pick up than Snider?)

17. Tasty McGravy

Tasty McGravy Member

Wow I disagree with almost everything you said. It's NOT foolish we held on to Bonzi. I think Howard will still be valuable once Yao comes back as a power forward that has some semblance of an offensive game. I don't think Rafer will look better. And I definitely think we could use Mike James over Chuck Hayes (our beloved 6'4 PF)

18. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Yao comes back and I am hoping we could beat Utah (to become the 4th seed)

19. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

first game back - take big Z to school and send rest of nba a message

20. tracymingreedy

tracymingreedy Contributing Member