1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets claim Jeremy Lin off waivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buffalobills!!!, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's not a given because China sucks in soccer in comparison to South Korea, North Korea or Japan
    Just saying. The number of pros are important. And Taiwan does value Baseball higher than most other sports.

3. YourSecretLover

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d6kq87WfIMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mchale loves jeremy lin since his summer league days!

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And Taiwanese are mostly Chinese fled from Mainland and?
    Could still be rooting for him

5. SugarLandDream8

For starters Jeremy Lin was born in Palto Alto California and is as much of an American as anyone else. He can even be President of the United States. So lets not lump him in with Yao who is is foreigner from China.

Second, Lin makes the min for rookie scale contracts so it's not very much just a few hundred thousand.

Third he can play for the Vipers part time, play with the practice squad part time, and get some PT.

Fourth he's a harvard graduate and has a decent chance to be a good front office guy in the NBA someday. He can be the next Rich Cho maybe.

I like this move for the min

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is American who sometimes travels to Taiwan and he considered playing for the national team I have read somewhere.
    I don't know if it is mandatory to have an Ivy League degree to become a GM. It surely helps.

7. Homie3

Homie3 Member

Use your brain

You guys have got to be kidding me. Saying that we got Lin to be Yao's replacement is like saying we got Thabeet to be T-Mac's replacement. What an ignorant comment to make.

1. Not every Asian player in the game is the same, just like not every black player in the game is the same. They don't even come close to playing the same style or position.

2. If the objective was to keep a strong Asian fan base, Yi Jian Lian would be MUCH better pickup because he's much more established and much more well-known in the Asian community.

Maybe you should consider his basketball skill before considering his skin color.

1 person likes this.
  8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Here we go again...

9. SugarLandDream8

I'm pretty surprise how openly racist some of the posters on this thread are and that the moderators are allowing it o_O

Jeremy Lin was born in California and raised in America. Imagine openly racist comments against African American NBA players. Unbelievable the double standards allowed.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

When are we going to have an Indian player in the league?

Have we had a Native American before?

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I believe there is an Indian center on the Grizz. hamed haddidai or something. And as for Native American, Robert "Chief" Parish did some nice work for the Celtics back in the day.

12. SunsRocketsfan

Lol look at the scores when he was in the game. All 20+ point deficits. Garbage time is garbage time

13. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Does anyone honestly believes if this guy wasn't asian this thread would be 9 pages long?

14. SugarLandDream8

We're talking about a guy who is making the rookie scale min. We're talking about our 14th or 15th player on the roster who 99.9% of the time only plays garbage time.

Lin is as good as any of our other 14th or 15th guy the last few years. They never even saw PT.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is getting worse
    Haddadi is Persian.....Middle Eastern kingdom
    but what do I know
    and Native American would be right, Indian can refer to India.

16. makman

makman Member

He's Iranian

17. foo82

foo82 Member

Can someone look up the definition tongue-in-cheek??

I have the nagging feeling that this phrase is somehow relevant.

18. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

I really like Jeremy Lin's life story and the way he plays the game. Although Goran is injured, Dragic is Solid and Proven. Hopefully Flynn plays really well. This is a Golden Opportunity for Lin to stick with the Rockets or Vipers.

#158 djperm, Dec 11, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  19. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

read this.

thought of this
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_sj_U6vObUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think Hadadi is Persian. I'm talking about someone named Sanjaya Patel or something, ya know.

LOL @ Parish :grin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.