1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets claim Jeremy Lin off waivers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buffalobills!!!, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

This is GlenRice's trolling account...am I right?

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Wow, I agree with you. Kobe was soooo arrogant........err is sooo arrogant.

3. IzakDavid13

Repped

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Here's what I'm saying:

Its a big assumption if you think Lin showed enough in a limited training camp / practice to indicate he could play like he has in the last 4 games. What the Rockets should have known, and I believe they did, is that Lin was at least a serviceable rotation player. There's no indication that he proved himself to be anything more than that behind the scenes. And, just simple logic: if a player doesn't show it, you can't fault a talent evaluator for not seeing it.

We can debate whether Lin proving himself to be a serviceable rotation player should have been enough for them to keep him despite their being 3 other PGs on the team. I would have expected you'd be resoundingly against that, given your other arguments this season.

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

They knew he could play is one think, but nobody. Nobody expected what Lin did the last four games.

Let's be honest, Dragic and Lowry performed much better than Lin in practice. It's most likely safe to assume that. With an all-star caliber starting PG and a starting caliber PG on your roster, he made the the move that made sense by cutting Lin (even though he wanted to keep him) and signing Dalembert.

6. alverwi

alverwi Contributing Member

Wow this is seriously pathetic. You have crossed the line with multiple posts in this thread. On top of it all, not a single one of your posts has been remotely funny at all. I normally refrain from personal attacks, but trash talking someone's deceased mother is a pretty b**ch move.

7. IzakDavid13

Reported...this is going to far, a low act.

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He's already been banned. Hence the missing "Feedback" icon.

9. IzakDavid13

Cool, I've been on some heated debate forums and never reported anyone's behaviour, but that was taking things way too far.

YO DD...
    [​IMG]

We love you man!

10. IzakDavid13

[​IMG]

Or if your friend doesn't have a donkey...

Some one's waiting...
    [​IMG]

11. supermandan

supermandan Member

where you at glenrice????? you are a punk ass fool. u know...i dont give a s h i t about jeremyl lin to be honest with you....but im glad your dumb racist ass is wrong. we all knew ur b*tch ass wont own up. im just glad this "asian" shut you the f u ck up bi tchhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

12. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Lin would be Les Alexander's cash cow if he could start for Rockets

Lin would be Les Alexander's cash cow if he could start for Rockets

If Lin could shine in Rockets, guess who benefit the most? Here is my 2 cents:

- He would be Les Alexander's new cash cow because Lin would be taken as a new Yao in China. You know how much money Yao has brought to Les don't you?

- for the same reason, clutchfans.net would benefit as well due to more online advertising. Lin would fill the hole after Yao left.

Too bad Daryl Morey killed Les' potential cash cow.

13. highlander3128

Don't worry.

This GlenRIce guy will have a new account the next time around.

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

People don't get the point that Jeremy Lin would not be the player in houston that he is in on the knicks because he would NEVER play.

15. akuma

akuma Member

and so many here were praying that they could get him, even at the cost of gutting the team. and Bosh too.

but this... the Rockets had this bird in their hand...

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

<BR>Ok, It's NOW official. If Lin Scores *50* or more in a game this season I will kiss a Brontosaurus ass but If Lin doesn't score 50 points or more in a game, this board should be renamed GlenRiceFans.net. I also want 50 rep points, beyotches.

GlenRice
    <BR><BR>

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe but he is a better fit in New York for his own good.
    He is a superstar now.... Book it.......

18. cod

cod Member

Playing time and Pringles' system. The opportunity and what was right for him was/is NY.

Instead of Chandler he's got Dalembert and Hill near the rim to help makes his drives to the bucket purposeful.

Dally's a joke and Hill is inconsistent. Hill has gotten better than but he's still inconsistent and can throw away some gimmes when he's playing good.

19. LetsPartyBud

LetsPartyBud Member

No way Lin gets Tebow status if he does this with the Rockets. I am enjoying watching him make the best of his opportunity that's what America is all about

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We're more than fine at the PG position. Stop crying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.