1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS: Best of 08/09 Editions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Strawman, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Strawman

Strawman Member

ROCKETS: Best of 08/09 Carl Landry Edition

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/best_0809__carl_landry_editi_2009_08_27.html

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

3. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Love carl. hes so classy.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

he just doesnt know hes gonna get traded yet

5. HPD

HPD Member

rather trade him than SCOLA.....

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What stuck out to me was he sounded like he was surprised by the dunks he was doing in his rookie year. Does that mean he doesn't feel has that same leaping ability anymore?

7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That would suck after the guy took a bullet for the team.... :eek:

8. Strawman

Strawman Member

No, I think it just means that he didn't think dunking in the NBA would be so easy.

9. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

He lost a lot of weight between college and the NBA and he was probably surprised by his own athleticism.

10. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

He seems to be a nice & humble guy. Glad to hear he's working out & getting ready for the season.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I love our team. I personally wouldn't trade most of them. I love their attitude, their character, their will, etc.. The mentality of the whole team is just great.

Too bad this is a business and of course the goal is a championship. I wish T-mac and Yao were healthy, then we wouldn't have to think about trading any of our team. This would be the perfect combination of players to make a championship run for the next couple of years, but unfortunately our stars are injury prone. :(

12. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

yeah carls a warrior...he took a bullet literally lol...and he also took bullets figuratively for the team too...remember last years Utah playoff series where Carlos Boozer dirty elbowed him in the nose and then he came back and got that game-winning block against Deron Williams in Utah?

but at the end of the day tmac sacrificed his back and yao devoted his feet to da team

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I love the guy. I expected a bit more from him in his 2nd year,but he has a chance to do a better job now.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think so. In college he had that horrible injury, then he got into some great shape once he joined the Rockets and he had fresh legs that year. I remember him mentioning he got his vertical up higher than ever before. Then he had that injury and has never looked quite as explosive. I mean we all notice it right? Its okay though I will take his improved shot blocking, range, and free throws, over explosive jumping ability. He just needs to learn how to get some defensive rebounds! They are so vital.

Landry is the asset I feel comfortable moving the most. Not Battier, Brooks, Scola, its Landry. I wouldn't be upset seeing him go if we can coup a superior talent, even if he is combined with McGrady. But watching him speak always makes me want him to stick around. So I avoid watching his interviews :D

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I kind of have a bad memory... this season felt soooo long. I think due to ups and downs combined with the constant lineup changes. But if I remember correctly Landry looked really good in preseason and early on. Then the entire team went into a drawn out funk and he never really recovered. That and the injuries. I don't believe in Anderson, if Landry gets 28-32mpg I can see him putting up some sexy numbers.

16. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

Is it just me or is Jason pretty tall considering hes standing next to a 6'9(?) guy?

17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

my immediate thought exactly... :(

18. Strawman

Strawman Member

ROCKETS: Best of 08/09 Chuck Hayes Edition

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/best_0809_chuck_hayes_editio_2009_08_28.html

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

^^

Man, look at Chuck's chubby arms in the pic on the page:

[​IMG]

He seems to have lost a lot of weight though, and won't be hindered by arm fat in the upcoming season.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member