1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench laughs at Roberson FT's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Some say it's "disrespectful" to laugh at a professional basketball player who can't shoot FT's, but I say that a professional basketball player who can't shoot FT's isn't worthy of that kind of respect to begin with.

Pen15clubber and Tha_Dude like this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If the taunting adds that much extra in terms of the psychological edge against Roberson's ability to hit FT's, then I'm for it. Whatever we were doing obviously worked since he's shooting so much worse than his reg season average.

I'm tired of this feeling sorry for OKC fan nonsense. Over the past decade they've enjoyed as much success as any NBA franchise could hope for, arguably more than all but 5 teams (Heat, Warriors, Spurs, Cavs, Celtics, basically the ones that won a championship). More importantly they are 1-0 against us in playoff head-to-head series. Let's see how they feel next year when it's even between us. Then maybe we can talk about their sorrows.

Pen15clubber and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ohhh no you wouldn't. If you smacked the legend, I'd personally fly to Houston and smack you like there was no tomorrow.

No one smacks a Brian Cook, no one!

PS: Brian would probably get emotional and cry when seeing these FTs, as he himself perfected the ways of shooting the basketball and made it part of his very own essence.

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. jayfree

jayfree Member

They are only laughing because they now know what it feels like to literally be on the other side of this nonsense. You know, with Howard gone and all. :)

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The only thing I care about is if OKC put this on the bulletin board. Rockets went 4 games without doing anything to provoke OKC.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Roberson should honestly be ashamed at how bad he is at the line. Most of his free throws weren't even close, it was pretty embarrassing.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

The only thing I care about is that the Rockets put this on the bulletin board as motivation to foul Roberson more. They should also surround his picture with cut outs of Nick Anderson and John Starks, who were also famous brick layers when they faced the Rockets.

forchette49 likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

9. HRox832

HRox832 Member

You know what would make this real funny? Is if we still had Dwight, and he was one of the guys who laughed along with the other Rockets players. The irony would be the greatest thing ever

DMO (DJ remix) and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That Adam guy is full of it. He's the same "journalist" whose TL is full of tweets calling the Rockets losers and p*ssies, both collectively and individually -- but today he's deeply offended by the lack of professionalism and class they showed by laughing at bricked FTs. My eyes rolled out of my head and under the couch when I saw him spouting that self-righteous BS.

Deuce and BigMaloe like this.
  11. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Does anyone else legit feel kinda bad for Roberson watching some of these FTs? I know, I know, he's an NBA player getting paid millions, and it shouldn't be that hard to make FTs, but damn that shizz has gotta be embarrassing... and there's that look of defeat on his face before he even takes the shot. He seems like he's a decent dude, too, though I have no idea what makes me say that, lol.

MiracleShot likes this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'll feel bad for them when their owner's kid stops trying to pick fights with our players. But yeah, let's respect a stolen team with a stolen MVP award to be with an owner whose petulant son is whining about Beverley slapping his wife. Gotcha. Go whine about missed free throws elsewhere.

Deuce, Nook and BigMaloe like this.
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Sorry minority owner. Yeah...

14. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I feel that. For some reason I also feel like Roberson is a decent guy. No idea what it is

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don't feel bad for him at all. How are u a perimeter player in the NBA and that bad at free throws? He shoots hard bricks or actual air balls from the line, it blows my mind.

16. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

**** class and **** this reporter. Its Houston Rockets vs Everybody! I love this IDGAF attitude of these Roc Boys. Constant disrepect has hardened them. I love it.

Lets get it.

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

His shooting is inexcusably bad, but damn... Sometimes someone can be the cause of their own misery, but you still feel bad for them. In Roberson's case, I feel like he had some kinda mental breakdown when it came to shooting at some point in his career. It just doesn't make sense that someone in his position would be that bad.

Yeah, it's something about his face I think, heh. I don't think he's ever been involved in any dirty plays, either, so far as I can tell, nor do I see him b****ing at refs too much despite collecting fouls guarding Harden..

Gorki and Easy like this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The biggest mystery is that he's drained some 3's this series but can't hit the broad side of a barn at the charity stripe...

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

u guys are gonna say this isnt "classy" and its "disrespectful?" wtf no more **** talking i guess. they should put a mic on kg every game when he was playing. u want disrespectlful you'll get plenty of that with him.

this super sensitive pc crap is annoying

"but mama, they laughed at me when i was shooting free throws and i missed them all and couldnt make any and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :( " tfoh

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

that is what the haters should be pointing out. forget that we're hacking him. how is he a lights out shooter in this series, but drummond-esque from the ft line?