1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench laughs at Roberson FT's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. HTM

HTM Member

I was wondering what Dekker was laughing at...dude is a pretty darn bad at free throws himself for a small forward.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Hold' up.

No one has mentioned the fact that all of the guys on our "bench" are among the youngest on the team sans Bobby Brown. You guys have got to be kidding me. The Thunder's weak bench features losers like Collison, Cole, and Kyle Singler among others.

At least we have a future on our bench that gets no PT... what's up with y'alls russ.... hmmmm

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Imagine how MAD everyone on here would be if the other team was laughing at one of our players missing free throws, lol.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

people laughed and trash talked all the time when we had DH and Josh Smith. So what. If you suck at it, you're going to hear about it from opposing players

Half the people trying to criticize, didn't even notice it in real time and only heard about it bc it got on social media.

Vivi likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I definitely didn't notice it, I only found out about it because of that tweet.

I was too busy being absolutely astonished at how Roberson can be that pathetic from the line. It really is embarrassing to be that bad. His free throws aren't even close, and he even air balls them at times. I can't believe a perimeter player in the NBA can be that atrocious. Even Rondo wouldn't air ball.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. HTM

HTM Member

[​IMG]

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

McDaniels' five fouls in nine seconds
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/mcdaniels-five-fouls-in-nine-seconds.271977/

That is actually a real strategy that the Rox used trying to win a game.

You may want to check the reaction comparing to this.

Especially when people openly called it "Disrespectful".

That's exactly the point, yeah if we win, that's awesome, and if we lose, it will suddenly become disrespectful.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah yeah yeah.

We did it to DeAndre Jordan last year and they did it to Dwight too.

Who tf cares! Let it go, its done already. Just like this f***in series.

9. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

aw, com'on life in OK ain't too bad, they could be in Kansas.;)

10. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

If you really want something to laugh at...

:D:D

pippendagimp likes this.
  11. PhiSlammaJamma

OKC and Westrbrook said they didn't know until they saw it on social media. So we already had the 3-1 lead. If they are going to be mad about it, or get motivated, it's bulletin board material tonight. After they were already defeated morally and physically.

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Like I said watch the post game interview of Roberson.

Listen to locked on rockets podcast featuring Fred Katz [beat writer for the thunder and host on locked on thunder] about how demoralized Roberson was after the game.

And we did laugh after the game, so we didn't laugh after it was 3-1. It may becoming extra motivation for them.

But I know Roberson was absolutely crushed after the game because I watched the interview and listened to Fred Katz talk about how sad it was to even ask about the free throw situation with Roberson.

But hey, keep on fighting the good fight and grasping for straws.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i seriously don't get the motivation angle here. i mean there's so much other stuff that they should be concerned with . being down 3-1, making adjustments but giving up the leads, playing well without westbrook to name a few but apparently they need to get "motivation" bc of roberson haha ok. Watch out houston

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

So they were defeated morally and physically but will now be galvanized because a few bench players laughed at Roberson's pathetic display from the free throw line?

Being down 3-1 with their season on the brink of being over isn't motivating enough? Laughing at Roberson is what will push them over the edge? C'mon man.

Hakeemtheking and YOLO like this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

At least Kansas has Kansas City...which isn't a terrible place. In fact, it's a much much nicer place to live than OKC.

16. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

You're prolly right. I have not been there, I have 3 nieces & 1 cousin that live in OKC & they always shittalk Kansas. The only thing I really liked in OKC was their Zoo, it's nice. Some pretty good BBQ also.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

The fear that people are laughing at you, even if they are laughing at something else, is possibly the greatest fear on the planet. So I actually agree the strategy could work to demoralize them. But it could also motivate a team to come together and rally around something. So there's where I think we run some risk. I'm in risk management so I would mitigate the risk and maintain the statis quo given they have not found enough motivation yet.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

of course this has everything to do with the actual game of playoff basketball

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I agree with you. You mitigate risk when you have the lead. Eliminate uncertainty.