1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench is weak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 6thward, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah I do think Bass and Lee are bad returns in a trade for Asik under normal circumstances.

But right now Bass, Lee or Korver would definitely make the bench a notch more solid.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think having Asik and Lin in the 2nd unit changes the dynamic of the lineup completely.

You don't need to rely on Greg Smith to defend the paint, and the 2nd unit would do a far better job rebounding with Asik.

Having Lin also provides a strong dribble penetration/foul-drawing player who has good court vision to get players' open looks. No dribble penetration, no break down in defense.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Almost read Reg Jackson but pls carry on.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry I like Jeremy a lot but I don't think he is the durable type until he proves it.

Asik is an EMO much like Pau and he proved that.
    Can still be valuable but he is even more quiet than Gasol. He does not give any interviews nor can someone get out of him what he wants.

Communication and mental drill would be key here.

5. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

Lin isn't durable? You're joking, right? What part of playing every single game last season means he isn't durable?

Asik isn't emo or a primadonna. I think people are letting their love of the Rockets cloud their judgment here. He proved himself as a hard worker throughout his entire career, including last year, when he was (according to available stats and Morey himself) the second most valuable player on the team behind Harden. A team that made into the playoffs in a deep Western Conference.

He may or may not be upset about his playing time, and he may or may not be "holding out" on the team (i.e., not playing when he's 70% when normally he would push through it), but that's entirely his prerogative as it's his health. More likely than not he actually has a legitimate, reasonable grievance with what he was told prior to signing and what actually transpired. Others, including the team front office, may interpret the situation differently, but to say that he's just being a "whiny emo b-tch" is just plain hyperbolic nonsense, especially given Lin seems to have been told that his role on the team would have been different prior to the Harden signing as well.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Lin is durable in his young career? Playoff injuries in both years in a row.
    One healthy season. And now injuries in a row.

Asik hasn't proven anything. A hard worker would not falter no matter what. No professionalism and no communication.
    One good season does not make him equal to Howard, Hibbert, Marc or Brook Lopez
    'No comment' and lethargic body language till he is with another team.

7. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

Both years? With the Knicks, Lin was injured way before the playoffs even started. You're probably like one of those delusional fans who wanted him to play 5 weeks after his surgery.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't want him to play. Make no mistake I just want a better bench.

Lin isn't bench material anyway. You have delusions if you believe what you just said.

9. HTM

HTM Member

I feel like its been soooo long since Lin and Asik have shored up our second unit... we need them both back badly.

10. wise_man

wise_man Member

With 27 games in and the three pointers still not falling....being caspi and garcia as our sharp shooters makes me sick..spurs bench ginobli, bellineli, green, bonner......clippers bench crawford, jared dudley, barnes and now stephen jaskson.....

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah, except the difference is that Alston, Hayes, and Howard were starters on those teams. At least we have a pretty strong starting unit now.

12. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Rockets coaches on the bench are weak

14. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

the entire team has 0 confidence in their 3 point shot

15. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

PUMP FAKE AFTER PUMP FAKE....

16. WNBA

WNBA Member

Rockets need someone with heart. Right now, zero effort. The starters are the problem mainly.

17. WNBA

WNBA Member

that's because they did not get open. The run and gun style is dead.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

that is an understatement...they are tetrrible

19. chandlerbang21

Mchale needs to add some real plays , 3's and paint spam easy to guard against good team

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

OP says the bench is weak, then in the same paragraph, reminds himself that Asik and Lin haven't been playing:rolleyes:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.