1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Basketball Ops department looking for next intern

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Mar 5, 2009.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Rockets_Searching_For_Next_Bas-303515-34.html

Wanna help out Morey?

Houston - Daryl Morey and the rest of the Rockets Basketball Operations staff come to work every day with just one goal in mind: To make the team better. Now, they’re enlisting your help for the cause.

Whether you’ve devised a detailed regression analysis unlocking the key to the basketball universe, or simply have a few hundred theories on building the perfect team, the Rockets’ brain trust is happy to hear what’s been percolating inside your head. Now is your chance to share those zany ideas on how to improve the team with the people calling the shots.

So send in your most creative ideas, research, formulas, theories, techniques, etc. to ideas@rocketball.com. General Manager Daryl Morey and Vice President of Basketball Operations Sam Hinkie will review anything you send along. If your idea is truly revolutionary, don’t be surprised to hear back from them.

2. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

How can we trust this post with an email address like that?

Be careful, guys.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jason Friedman wrote it.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Translation: We need somebody to get us coffee and donuts for meetings. :D

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Houston-Rockets-Reviews-E4469.htm - Working with the Houston Rockets organization

Pros - Great atmosphere, great benefits such as going to many basketballgames, working for a major sports team, networking and meeting many other colleagues from other great and more organized professional teams out there. Coworkers are also young and looking to gain some experience in the sports industry, which many use as a starter position to get into other teams.

Cons - Lack of respect for interns, very unorganized human resources department,Many projects are giving on the last minute and expected to be done throughly and done within an unreasonable time. HR department seems to lack on explaining pay checks and everything else thats concerned with the department, such as benefits package.
    ---
    Pros - See the Rockets play for free. The people are nice and you have the opportunity to meet some of the basketball players and their yearly Christmas Party. You are also able to get free Rockets memorabilia like calendars, bobble heads, hats, posters, basketballs, etc.

Cons - Low pay and long hours...so not worth it. They pay you well below market standards your start is in the mid 30000's. Most people have to work during the game on game days. Sometimes you will be working 15 hour days and not getting compensated the way people should. The work gets old and the pay is horrible.

6. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

It's on Rockets.com....

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Jason Friedman's e-mail address is jasonf@rocketball.com.

Not everything is a hoax. It doesn't take that much effort to verify what you said before posting.

Regardless, this has durvasa's name written all over it.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

If anyone here is serious about submitting their ideas and would be interested in doing so in the form of a small web site, let me know. I can probably make you one, depending how much work you would want done. As long as it's not too extensive, I can probably do it for free (aside form any hosting costs).

I'm offering this because I'm just starting out in web design and trying to build my portfolio. Plus I think submitting a web site for this internship would get a lot more attention than a letter, .pdf, e-mail, PowerPoint presentation, etc.

Maybe? Maybe no?

kmrankin@gmail.com if interested

9. worzel gummidge

The economy must be hitting the Rockets hard. They're now looking for freebies. LOL, just pay for ProZone.

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

rocketball.com is the domain the Rockets use for all their email addresses.

How can we trust a member who makes such a stupid rookie mistake??

Be careful guys.

:rolleyes:

;)

11. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

show me the evidence, please.

12. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Let me guess, we never landed on the moon either. :D