1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are trading Michael Carter-Williams today (UPDATE: Dealt to Chicago)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 7, 2019.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Basketball make him obsolete.

2. mario elie

mario elie Member

I can actually see Ennis being moved closer to the deadline. The guy can't hit 3s and he's not the defensive stopper Morey signed up for.
    Green and Gordon are more volume shooters. Ennis just doesn't look comfortable behind the arc. He does look strong though going to the basket.

D-rock, Tankeio and ramotadab like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ennis is a bench piece. for a team that needs depth ennis is absolutely useful. rockets are not going to just dump him like they're doing with mcw and eventually melo

saleem likes this.
  4. mario elie

mario elie Member

I'm not saying they'll dump him. I just think he could be valuable filler in a larger deal. Other teams would want to take on Ennis, unlike say, Chriss.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

while possible, I don't think there's a major move coming this season. more likely than not a piece or two for improving the depth. Then it's more about getting guys back healthy for the rest of the year

6. mario elie

mario elie Member

I mean "larger" in the context of this team. But even a Bazemore or Porter is going to command some pieces other than Knight. We'll see. I think Morey definitely does something.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He was sent here to make history. Mission accomplished. Enjoy some nice R&R, Mike. You've earned it.

Williamson, D-rock, Smacktle and 4 others like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean morey always does something of sort but yeah just not expecting much more than solidifying hou's depth.

mario elie likes this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

Deuces should have been moved a long time ago has no shot bring Caboclo up and lets get to playing some basketball.

D-rock and ramotadab like this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure we should let @Williamson do this

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Kind of telling that Clutch posted this almost 2 hours ago and we've yet to see a "Michael Carter-Williams appreciation thread."

D-rock and ramotadab like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This clears up space for giving House a guaranteed contract. I'm pleased to see that. I hope MCW will get picked up by a non-contender where it might be a bit easier for him to play.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Agreed.

14. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I wonder if he actually has to fly to Chicago and report to the first day of work. It would be like the apprentice. Michael, you’ve been great, but you’re fired.

15. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

This was expected. I'm assuming House will get converted at some point in time

saleem likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

James Ennis is what I thought he was in the preseason, a high energy guy to utilize off the bench. Starting him was a mistake. If we traded him we shouldn't lose any sleep

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. txn

txn Member

Man...wish we can beat the Grizzlies and trade MCW for Justin Holidays. We can easily beat that offer, no?

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Michael Carter who?

19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

The fact the kid can't make layups made him obsolete.

saleem likes this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

ClutchFans tried to talk me into believing this was a good signing when it happened. "He's long", "He can defend", "Unstoppable in the paint", "he's actually a good 3 point shooter when he shoots from the right corner and his feet are exactly perpendicular to the axis of the moon". You're all going on my ignore list!