1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ROCKETS: Are they a Championship Caliber Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 5, 2007.

1. marciagong

marciagong Member

I say we give Petterson a ring when we win the title this year. :D

2. SLrocket

SLrocket Contributing Member

does anyone have a picture of this patterson doctor guy? lets photoshop his face onto supermans body or something. ahaha

3. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

You guys are giving Patterson too much credit. Tracy is a bit of a pansy.

His confidence was hurting as much as his back.

You should give Tmac and JVG credit

Tracy played just as well or better agaisnt Golden State, Bobcats and Washington before he got hurt.

I actually think his defense is under par the last couple of games, because he has to spend so much energy on offense.

So I think he had an equal impact against the Wizards and Bobcats as much as agaisnt the Sonics and Jazz

4. papsi2010

papsi2010 Member

poor Rafer, he is not on the list.

5. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

oh shut the heck up. you've obviously never had any serious back problems so what would you know about being a pansy. you would probably curl up in the fetal position if you had back problems.

6. Prosun

Prosun Member

I was about to respond to your "T-mac is a bit of a pansy" remark, but I think hashmander pretty much took care of it.

I'm not much of a golfer, but isn't shooting "under par" a good thing? Did you mean his defense is over par? I do know that T-mac's "over par" defense beats the heck out of the defense Alston or Head could give us. He's doing enough to win games, and that's all that matters.

7. blender

blender Member

I love to death how we've been playing lately and the intensity we're bringing to most games, but there are still plenty of questions surrounding this team and will continue to be debated on the BBS.

1. HEALTH: Will we be all there come playoff time? Will Yao be able to get back to the pre-injury level of play? Will T-Mac be able to maintain his current level? Will Mutombo and Howard keep partying like it's 1999 or is a burnout inevitable?

2. CHEMISTRY: We've done great so far, but will our two stars' styles mesh well when they're both healthy and on the court together? And how long will it take for it to happen?

3. POWER FORWARD SPOT: Is our combo of Hayes and JHo good enough for a serious playoff run? Or will Chuck Hayes' lack of size and propensity to foul ultimately hurt us? And again, can the rejuvenated Juwan Howard keep up this pace for the rest of the way?

4. POINT GUARD: Will Rafer's shooting woes be our Achilles' Heel or will he figure things out in time? Will Lucas III be able to compensate for his lack of size?

5. BENCH: Head is playing great, but what about Bonzi? If and when he does return, will Bonzi be able to play a much-needed role for us?

And yet, even though there are many questions, I have to say I remain very optimistic. If we can get healthy enough, I think we'll be able to figure out our chemistry in time. And yes, our players might not be perfect, but I believe they and JVG will give us everything they have when it matters, and it will be enough.
    I might sound like a homer, but I really like our chances with this team.

8. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

I believe the phrase is "below par".

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Wowzers

Alot of positive posters in this place.

C'mon guys this is the Rockets we are discussing. :p

10. kingkow

kingkow Member

now I'm hoping that instead of a broken knee..i'd wish yao had a chronic back injury

may all injuries be back injuries..and may patterson live long with us