1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are talking with the Grizzlies about a deal that includes Knight and a pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Knight and pick for Green and another bad contract...

I wonder what contract are the ears talking about, Grizzlies have basically two bad contracts (unless we also consider Conley here, but i just don't really this happening for different reasons), Parsons and Anderson, the second player i don't think fit here much, and Chandler well...sucks and costa around 25M so...i wonder if would be something like:

1st rounder and Knight (15M)
    for
    Green and Anderson (16M)

In this scenario you can also easily add Chriss (and 2nd rounder?) for Holiday.

Mathloom likes this.
  2. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

It would actually be a good thing if it was a salary dump. It will open another roster spot which means either Wes Mathews or DJ will fill. I rather go that route that to trade for a player who can’t shoot in Green who’s another Ennis type just taller.

3. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

I doubt Morey takes 20m+ contract, the only non expiring bad one is the Kyle Anderson. Don't know much about him, he seems at least tall and long though.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

He was ok in San Antonio, i actually read a lot of fans pissed they didn't match Memphis offer, but he's definitely not a shooter, can pass and play defense but i don't know, seems just an odd fit here on paper...would be an interesting move though, if you can somehow make him work ala Boris Diaw here, that contract could eventually turn out to be pretty good.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

It would pretty much erase the Ryno mistake.

6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Totally get this and I agree with going after Green. I just really don’t like taking on Anderson. I wish it was smaller pieces (Nene and Chriss) for Green.

7. Sanity2disChaos

House is better.

Don’t like Memphis Green. Like a poster stated earlier, that this move isn’t a game changer and House is better.

BasketMAD likes this.
  8. basketballholic

A great below the radar possibility.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Darius Miller is the guy Morey was scouting in Germany a couple of years ago fwiw.

mikol13 likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What do House and Green have to do with each other? Green is a big, House is a wing.

YOLO likes this.
  11. basketballholic

I'd rather have Mirotic for Knight and a first if possible.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why would the Pelicans do that?

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So would I. We need a shooter with balls in the worst way. Would a 1st be enough to entice the Pelicans though to take an extra year of salary. I don't see it happening, but I guess.

14. basketballholic

Dunno.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Problem is Knight ain't all that. Can't be overrating him in trade proposals.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Doubt they're shopping him, but would prefer him over Green if he were available. Dude is a good defender and has a 7'3 wingspan and although he's super slow, he just seems to find a way and always plays right. Good rebounder and passer. Only issue with him right now is hesitation with the 3, which I think we would flesh out pretty quickly.

Would make a great backup 3/4 for us. Better than anything we're likely to draft in the next couple of years, and locked into a sensible contract.

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You simply cant erase Ryno mistake.

He has already cost us Paul George and a couple of other possible good additions, and more importantly, last years championship.

And then countless chances to improve the team this year.

The damage continues.

That contract will go down a the one that single handily prevented us from winning a ring.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Literally nobody here believes Knight or his contract have any value. That's why every single person proposing a deal including Knight also includes a first round pick as incentive to take him on. The only teams willing to take Knight will be teams in rebuild mode trying to gain picks to aid in that rebuild.

BasketMAD, BaselineFade and Newlin like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Damn, just out of curioisty i went to give a look at that free agency and look at how many bad to mediocre players got overpaid...just look at the Blazers lol

https://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf/2016/07/nba_free_agency_2016_every_sig.html

20. amaru

amaru Member

100% agree. I meant that getting rid of Knight in a salary dump opens a lot of that space back up. I should have been more clear.

The Ryan Anderson signing ruined Harden’s prime. Not CP3, not Capela, not Melo, not whoever.....the signing of Ryan Anderson is why the team is where it is currently.

cbs1507 and Zboy like this.