1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets are talking with the Grizzlies about a deal that includes Knight and a pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 1, 2019.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

We trade one trash and rookie with potential for two garbage players it seems like. Now we r trying to unload them by sacrificing our picks, sounds like our future is fked. We still have harden but idk how morey gonna work his magic to fix this clusterfk.

2. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

That nobody drafted rookie with sudden huge potential? Rochets made a lot of mistakes, but let's be reasonable

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

What did you do with the J.R.? Too optmistic of a take for me to believe that you haven't usurped the real J.R.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If they deal knight and a pick for useful parts great!

If they deal knight and a pick of scrap to save money I’m done.

BHannes2BHonest, 1Deep, Vivi and 3 others like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Saving money would hopefully increase flexibility to add useful parts.

6. justtxyank

Except it wouldn't. Knight's contract is really the only piece we have that we can aggregate to get a good player.

If we turn him into savings we will have a major issue. This will be our team.

luckyman76 likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Rockets were always going to have trade away something of value to get rid of Anderson(Knight/Chriss). If we get anything back useful on an expiring contract then I think that's a win. Look, the Anderson contract was a colossal mistake. Let's get it off the books and be done with it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kyle Anderson of the Grizzlies is a player that is a Point Forward which is very rare, he is great passer to big men in the paint, especially to Capela, Kyle can bring the ball up the court, he can attack the basket with both hands, rebound and defend. I wish Daryl would be aggressive getting Anderson instead of JaMychal Green only.

Little Bit likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just make sure whatever scenario you come up with, you include Iron Man in the deal. It’s the only deal that will work. Trust me, I’ve seen it.

rockets13champs likes this.
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This dude can’t shoot at all and is soo hesitant to shoot and unathletic. Do not want

11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

What's the point of adding another point forward who can't shoot and has a terrible contract when you already had 2 ball dominant guards?

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

You guys win my bad, could've been another MCW situation but a bigger contract.
    Speaking of shooters Darius Miller of the Pelicans is a excellent shooter from 3, his shooting form looks similar to Khris Middleton, Darius brings length, and can dribble.

BaselineFade and basketballholic like this.
  13. justtxyank

We don’t want excellent shooters here. We prefer mediocre shooters that are mediocre defenders

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

3 simultaneous trades where I think it helps all parties involved

First trade:
    Houston gets Jamychal Green
    Memphis gets Knight, NeNe and Houston 1st
    Denver gets Garret Temple using one of their TPE

Second trade:
    Houston gets Justin Holiday
    Memphis gets Chriss, iHart and a 2nd

Third trade:
    Denver trades Lydon into any teams TPE

Denver Outlook:
    They get wing help for free by using one of their TPEs. By then moving Lydon they stay under the luxury tax for this season delaying the inevitable to come. So they get better without having to use any asset.

Memphis Outlook:
    They get an additional 1st rd pick for Jamychal. They take on a bit of salary going forward but they are focused on rebuilding. They recoup a 2nd that they lost in the Holiday trade and gain another low level prospect in iHart.

Houston Outlook:
    You get frontcourt help at the 4 spot with Jamychal who can help in the rebounding department. You also get added wing help/depth in Holiday. You lose a 1st, 2nd and iHart but you shed knights contract AND get under the Luxury Tax THIS year delaying the inevitable.

We get better and we save the Till Man money.

Corrosion, Hakeemtheking and Nook like this.
  15. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ears: Knight, pick(s) for The Green Machine and a trash contract off their hands.

16. jboslett

jboslett Member

I like Kyle Anderson as a player, but I'm not sure he's what we need.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

BOOM!!!

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Green and Anderson? I don’t like this at all. I feel like Knight can be moved for something better next season.

19. Mr Chuck Norris

It better not be Parsons.

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

James Harden has a window. He almost got his chip last year. No more waiting.